• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

LA to 383 swap info

a68postcar

Reaction score
Does anyone have the swap info posted? Im just curious how everyone else did it. I have a pretty good idea of what i may do. Im just looking for ideas.
20211123_141917.jpg
20211123_141908.jpg

The nose is low, but looking toward the pinion, the nose needs to go driver L. Because its low out front, the output shaft angle is off too. Like i said before, looking for ideas and numbers.thanks in advance, any and all help is appreciated. postcar.

What year sweptline? The later 69-71 that came with a BB will bolt right in with correct mounts and engine brackets. The early will probably need a fabricated bracket and mounts. Craig

I think these days, I'd have stroked a smallblock.... less headaches finding parts, original trans and mounts bolt right up, Radiator too. std bore 318 would be a 383. 30-over would be a 390. still in the 318 block.

I think these days, I'd have stroked a smallblock.... less headaches finding parts, original trans and mounts bolt right up, Radiator too. std bore 318 would be a 383. 30-over would be a 390. still in the 318 block.
Not to mention a 360 out to a 408 with the same amenities as the 318 out to a 390. Totally agree Don.

I kinda agree with the comments regarding a SB. I used the 440 because that’s what I had available. If I were to do it again, I would have went with a 5.9 with OD. My 2 cents. Craig

Back