• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Monday morning here....not much rain forecast. Not looking forward to work this week at the Quarry.....blistering heat (easy 10 deg hotter than advertised) ....dust and crap. And having to wear long sleeves, trousers, hard hat etc.. .ahh...I suppose the money makes up for that.

Screenshot_20220103-113311_Weather.jpg

I changed my settings so you guys understand the temperature

It's 12 degrees out right now, low of 9 overnight. The high this week is Tuesday and Wednesday with 34. If it's going to be winter I could use some more snow

Could not believe it fedex showed up yesterday with the new bed cover. How the hell can they ship it for 200 free shipping from Texas? Very happy with it just needs to settle out.

Attachments

• DSC00740.JPG
    DSC00740.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC00741.JPG
    DSC00741.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 99
Put the '98 back into the rotation, the Avenger had something go amiss under the hood last Friday. I assumed it was the power steering pump, it hasn't had fluid for ages. But it may be the alternator, I replaced it a while back, and with parts these days, who knows. The replacement power steering pump in the truck whines like crazy, and the trucks been driven a half dozen times since it's installation.

Oh well, the heat works, and the truck does what it should.

PXL_20220103_194358334.jpg

We missed the snow in southern Minnesota, but we got the wind, and cold. They claim 30 on Saturday, but cold until then. Come on Spring!

The wind started this morning, 25-30 mph with gusts over 50. Snow at times with blizzard like conditions. It's 15 out right now with 17 mph wind so it feels like -1. Cold until the weekend

-12 and the truck didn't like it. Started then died, didn't feel like draining the battery any further, so I went back inside. I'll try again later, when it's only -5.

Each year the truck reminds me of why I hate the air filter setup on the barrel intake of the Magnum engines.

Still on short sleeves and sunny. Locals here in the desert are running around with sweet shirts. It cools off about 30° at night. But that's normal even in the summer time.

It warmed up some tonight, not the heatwave of high 30's that was predicted. Tomorrow the warmest temp for the day will be early in the day and then fall as the wind picks up again

It's 12 out right now and with the wind -3. Cold tomorrow with a warm up coming mid week mid 20's to 30. Light snow for the weekend

Back