• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

That is no reason to let it come down here.
Now all the rain will come as snow. With the cold it will stay around much to long.
Some one needs to terminate that ground hog.

Been trying to put the guts back in the Ford trans. By all measurements it should go together. Need to find the 1/4" that keep everything from fitting.

Not real sure if we got 4" of snow that was forecasted, but I got the wind they called for. Gusts over 40 mph. Tonight single digits and wind chill below 0, tomorrow temp in the teens. I can't really complain though because it really has been a mild winter so far.

It got cold down here, it's 2° outside. Just cold enough to make that uninsulated garage feel warm! I still only have about five minutes before the hands start feeling it. Need to find an Arctic rated pair of gloves, that are thin. Yeah, good luck to me. Good thing I'm single, the island in the kitchen works great as a workbench, and the dining room is good for storage. :happy:

Your house sounds like the oldest sons. he is single also.

15 degrees out and nothing got done outside today. Will have to get some space heater fuel Monday to see if I can warm some uninsulated wall space. Did study the Ford transmission book this afternoon before taking a nap. Guess it will be conning apart again to find an assembly problem.

1-2"s of snow tonight and a high in the low teens tomorrow

Good thing I'm single, the island in the kitchen works great as a workbench, and the dining room is good for storage. :happy:
The pic of the dash you were working on looked like it was in the kitchen

1-2"s of snow tonight and a high in the low teens tomorrow

The pic of the dash you were working on looked like it was in the kitchen
Too damn cold outside. I did pretty good the other day, got about ten or so minutes before the hands got cold, could have made fifteen if I'd have shut the big door!

I'm bringing in another dash for inspection tomorrow. It's going to get to -1° so I will just bring the work inside the house. Good thing these old parts need simple tools for working on them.

5° this morning. Hot water lines under the house are frozen. Happens every winter when the artic air drops in. Only end of the house not protected is the south and part of the west side. The north west wind yesterday sucked all the heat out of things. Not looks forward to two week of this.

Checked a few minutes ago 6 degrees and the warmest it has been all day. 77% humidity so why isn't it snowing?

Rained last night with 6° temperature. Got a thin coat of ice on everything with snow on top of it. Plenty of vehicles off in the ditch.
We made our propane run and have the space heater running under the house.
Hope to have water before dark.

It might have hit 0 today, but there wasn't any wind. Started the car and got the mail, so I'm done running around outside.

Well we can flush the stool, wash our selves and do the dishes. Not sure about laundry.
Colder weather on its way. Like 14° isn't cold enough.
Got the tool room heated to help keep the water from freezing so been working on transmission. At least it is warm enough the hands don't get cold.
Need to make a run and fill propane tanks in the morning just in case for the weekend.

We are on the very edge of that cold front that is hitting the country, Bob has keep the fire going in both wood stoves so not bad inside. Snow the next 4 days
0FA68978-4DE5-44DF-8691-9CCE712F3F18.jpeg

I just looked at the extended forecast, I wish I wouldn't have. We might hit zero late this evening, then it's below zero into next Tuesday. Why do I live here?

Last edited:
Maybe you like the cooler less humid summers.
After working in a very warm workplace, I got used to the heat, and actually was quite comfortable during the hot and humid summers we've had the part few years. I like seasons, if it was 70-80 all year I'd probably lose my mind. It would seem like a never ending day Seasons help determine length of time.

Last edited:
Back