• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Temps going down to the teens tonight and snow coming for the weekend. Just light accumulation though 1-3"
I was hoping we had seen the last of the cold weather. It's supposed to move in here tomorrow evening. Just in time so I can move the Ford back out of a very wet back yard.

I here you. Hope it's just a couple of days and I can sit at home and ride it out. Kind of any way.

I here you. Hope it's just a couple of days and I can sit at home and ride it out. Kind of any way.
I get to play in the cold at work. Okay, not play, but suffer outside as part of my job. It's usually only fifteen minutes or so at a time. I can't wait for spring, 50's will feel like 90's.

Last edited:
We got snow overnight Friday, 1-2" and then again last night 4-7". I don't know for sure what I ended up with, but I had to plow

40-50's here lately. Glad it is decent just got this and need to put some lights in it.

DSC01526.JPG

DSC01528.JPG

It's a heat wave! 10 above for a high today. It was 11 below when I got off work, and the avenger wouldn't start. It has been the worst car to start in winter that I have ever owned. Hoping to replace it soon.

Woke up this morning to -6, my son saw -12 on his way to work. 12 during the day and clear skies tonight, so I expect another cold morning

The Ford starts right up. You just don't move till the transmission warms up a bit. When the awful noise goes away your good to go.

Gearing up for the 40 minute walk to work and retrieve the Avenger. I'm sure it would start better if the battery was in the engine compartment soaking up heat. I'd love to smack the group of engineers who thought that was a good idea.

So it will be cold 🥶 tomorrow and Friday, the days I work, then it's forecast to be in the mid 30's the next week 🥵. This is February, right?

No way to install and plug in a battery heater or trickle charger. Being your back on nights a solar panel is out of the question.
Might even try turning on the ignition and letting the computer warm a bit before trying the starter. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. Anything to add heat to the battery before the big draw.
Did they put that battery in the trunk or under the back seat?

Did you get that thing going after the 40 minute march? Thought you had a truck and trailer.
It started up with the booster pack I have. The truck is down at the moment, power steering pump #3 took a crap and the belt slipped off. Need to fix the leaking steering box this spring. My trailer is filled up with my stepsons crap from his old garage.

My own laziness this past year didn't help, but I was spending my money on a wagon instead of my other vehicles.

It started up with the booster pack I have. The truck is down at the moment, power steering pump #3 took a crap and the belt slipped off. Need to fix the leaking steering box this spring. My trailer is filled up with my stepsons crap from his old garage.

My own laziness this past year didn't help, but I was spending my money on a wagon instead of my other vehicles.
Put a trailer hitch on the wagon. It will pull the trailer just as well as that ram. As to kids crap. I am not sure what to tell you. They sure have a way of occupying space that doesn't belong to them.

Put a trailer hitch on the wagon. It will pull the trailer just as well as that ram. As to kids crap. I am not sure what to tell you. They sure have a way of occupying space that doesn't belong to them.
The wagon doesn't see winter use. I am looking for a hitch, a buddy might have one if he doesn't put it in one of his wagons, which he has four of.

I'm fine with the kids stuff being in my trailer, it's more suited for a Bobcat than a car. It sits fairly high, and has no winch. I really need to buy a car trailer, so it can sit 360 days out of the year.

His mother in law wanted to use my enclosed trailer to move her daughters stuff, and keep it in there "for a bit". That got a big NO!

Back