• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Hot and humid. I got some more grass down this afternoon. Much more to go. Once down and dry them it will be time to mow. Would be nice to rake and bale it, but capabilities are not there yet.
I got mine mowed the other day before the rain came. It was a good excuse to sit and do nothing!

It was another fun night. Awoke to the sound of my cell warning me of tornadic activity. Half out do to sleep meds, I stumble into the wife, scaring the crap out of her.
Then the CD/tornado sirens go off...
So we switch on the news...and watch as the drama unfolds. I force the dogs into their kennel that I've placed in the inner hallway, grab my flashlight.
An hour later it has passed. There were tornadoes but they skirted around us. The large hail went North.
Sad part, the weathermen didn't predict any of this. Thunderstorms and heavy downpours. Good thing I wrapped the truck.
The first thing I do when I retire is leave OK.

Neighbor is going to fence what I dont get mowed this week and turn his cows in. Fertilzer down and tall grass will be gone by July. It has been taking them about 2 weeks per 1.5 acres.

It was another fun night. Awoke to the sound of my cell warning me of tornadic activity. Half out do to sleep meds, I stumble into the wife, scaring the crap out of her.
Then the CD/tornado sirens go off...
So we switch on the news...and watch as the drama unfolds. I force the dogs into their kennel that I've placed in the inner hallway, grab my flashlight.
An hour later it has passed. There were tornadoes but they skirted around us. The large hail went North.
Sad part, the weathermen didn't predict any of this. Thunderstorms and heavy downpours. Good thing I wrapped the truck.
The first thing I do when I retire is leave OK.
Some of the worst storms I have ever seen were when I was in the Air Force, I was stationed at Sheppard AFB for tech school. I have never seen a tornado, but came close. One storm rolled in and it generated tornadoes north of us, about 4-5pm in the afternoon and it was as black as night out.

Beautiful day today, sun is shining, high 60's so far. I went out to the garage and opened the door and the silly Robin that flew in Saturday is still in there, I thought it went out later Saturday night. If it doesn't leave by it self I will have to think of something.
upload_2019-5-27_11-54-48.jpeg

Beautiful day today, sun is shining, high 60's so far. I went out to the garage and opened the door and the silly Robin that flew in Saturday is still in there, I thought it went out later Saturday night. If it doesn't leave by it self I will have to think of something.
View attachment 15171
Be careful you don't overdo that thinking thing.......... :yuck::smuggrin:

Had to drop the kid off at BWI airport Sunday at 0500 a three hour ride from here, then pick him up on thurs 0600! Killing me. But at least the weather was good so far!

More rain again today, it was light rain, but still it rained. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and in the 70's:)

We have gotten just sprinkles so far and that enough. Started the 82 this evening. It hasn't been started in about 4 weeks. Primed the carb, hit the switch and it took right off. Had a temporary shower as the stakes cleared of all the accumulated rain.

Trying to decide if the weather will hold out so I can the convertible home.

I covered the truck last night in anticipation of stormy weather and there wasn't any, or I slept through it

Rain on and off all next week.

My weatherman was wrong, it rained Friday. It rained off and on yesterday. Today it's sunny, but cooler only 64 for a high. At least it's not raining. I don't remember such a wet spring ever.

This past weekend was beautiful! 80's Friday, Saturday was cooler and started out cloudy turning into a perfect day, and Sunday was more of the same.

My gravel drive is finally dry. Need to get some more grading done now that I have less mud to deal with and get some more holes filled.
Weather people are totally unpredictable here also. Guess we should feel fortunate we are not flood or tornado victim's.

Back