• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Well, I never made it in to work last night, started feeling like crap so I stayed home. Good thing too, as Laura couldn't seem to go anywhere in the snow, so I drove her to work. Got down to -6° this morning and warmed all the way up to -1° when I went to work tonight! One more night of real cold, then it's back to the 20's.

Borrowed the neighbors garage today. He had the wood stoves stoked and nice and warm we I got there. I will need to bring him another load of wood for that one. Was 24F to day with cold north wind. Replaced the transmission gasket and filter on the 06 Ford. It had been leaking and have added 7 qt. at the tune of about $10 per qt.. Was also starting to lag and hit hard when shifting into reverse. Glad Ford seen fit to put a drain plug in it. The pan holds almost 4 gallons. I grabbed a 5 gal pail at the last minute to use as a drain pan. The first thought was a funnel and a few gallon jugs. Only problem was getting it all back in when done. Shifts fine now and leak has disappeared for now. Hopefully I can finally get it filled to the proper level and have no further problems.
Got to get busy and get a larger shop built this summer after the wife gets some new sewing space.

@cindybrat7 thought of you and Bob when I came across this for sale.

1958 Dodge Panel Van

00Q0Q_cj2bN3gwP99_600x450.jpg

00606_4hnx9KTDWr6_600x450.jpg

00w0w_8iNbiDh02MT_600x450.jpg

It was cold last night, below 0 with wind chill. Today was only single digits. Tomorrow mid 20's, Wednesday high 30's and then back to the 20's for Thursday. High's in the teens by the weekend.

Only thing good about this cold weather is the mud is gone till is thaws. I was hoping for a freeze dry but have to many frozen water holes.

So I had a busy day Monday. What did I do? I went up to Portland to pick-up what was SUPPOSED TO BE Grandpa's christmas present, but the place I bought it from couldn't deliver it like their site said they could (just a thought, if you contract out towing but no driver will go out this far, do not offer delivery for my address). What did I get him?

20190121_170557.jpg

$831 after auction and fees, only damage is the right fender and that busted blinker. Clean title, 156k miles, and runs solid. All fluids were in it, no leaks anywhere (and no burnt smell from the ATF, that's a good sign). The battery was dead so I had toreplace it, and since there was no key we had to replace it (transponder key, $250, OUCH). New battery and fresh key, after 6 months in the salvage yard it fires right up. Not even a check engine light the whole way home. Needs a steering alignment and a brake bleed, but it rides good and had no problem holding 80 the whole way home (in that rush hour, once you get outta the portland sprawl, nobody minds punching the gas to make up time getting home). Best of all, no weird electrical quirks like his Buick there off to the left, where the dash lights die if you turn on the headlights.

-5° and windy, feels like, it's frickin' cold outside! Not sure how long it will be here, but I'm glad I have 11 days off after tonight. Hopefully work isn't the sloppy mess it's been lately, and I can have a nice easy night. Yeah, right! Eye surgery Monday and plenty of days to rest up.

Last edited:
-5° and windy, feels like, it's frickin' cold outside! Not sure how long it will be here, but I'm glad I have 11 days off after tonight. Hopefully work isn't the sloppy mess it's been lately, and I can have a nice easy night. Yeah, right! Eye surgery Monday and plenty of days to rest up.
I pray everything goes well with your surgery and you can enjoy your time off. Were getting the cold you have been having, at least the wind has let up. Below 0 at night though.

I pray everything goes well with your surgery and you can enjoy your time off. Were getting the cold you have been having, at least the wind has let up. Below 0 at night though.
Didn't happen today! The road went to shit 30 miles north of us. We pulled over to figure out what we were doing and a cop pulled up heading the other way.

"You folks alright?"
"We're fine, how are the roads?"
"Terrible!"
"Supposed to be in the cities for a surgery."
"That thing (2012 Charger) All Wheel Drive?"
"Nope."
"Good luck!"

And off he drove! We turned around and went home. It sucks, now I have to figure out when the hell I get to go back, have to take Diamox pills again (lots of goofy side effects) and I wasted three days of vacation. I might go to work Tuesday and Wednesday, not sure yet, my back tweaked it with the first shovel load I pushed last night, and I'm not right, can't bend over for crap. Pray we have an atomic winter and all this white and cold go the hell away! Back to bed for a bit, stayed up for nothing.

Well, that sucks..... better than spending the next 8 hours in the ditch or something though.. I am definitely a lot more cautious now.

That crap has creeped south wish you guys would keep it up north were it belongs. We were in the 40s this morning. Some thing that will not be seen for the rest of the week. If we see above 0 weather it will be a surprise. LocuMob that really stick, lost vacation and messes up back to boot. Hope things get better.
The wife got some good news today on her shoulder. No damage, just inflamed. She got a shot and so exercises to do. She is to report back in 2 week. Hope this takes care of it.
Lets all stay warm.

Morning every one, feeling for all you guys back east with that polar air sliding south, sounds very bad and way to cold for us, try to stay warm!

Well, that sucks..... better than spending the next 8 hours in the ditch or something though.. I am definitely a lot more cautious now.
We had the Charger bouncing! Drifts were hard to say the least.

LocuMob that really stick, lost vacation and messes up back to boot. Hope things get better.
Yeah, it's a bummer, but I'd rather be home than working. They closed the freeway, so.people can call in at work and there isn't any penalty (personal time or vacation burned) so getting paid and not working is ok. The back is getting better, a little Biofreeze (icyhot type thing) and plenty of relaxing. I'll try to corral the cold to no further south than Iowa!

Back