• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

23 on this one. We actually still use them around here wit the farmers some funny stuff happens!
Making progress on the paint finally have to spray the silver before the blue. Hope I can pull off this finish with all of it. Hammer paint is a PIA to spray.
DSC02705.JPG
DSC02706.JPG
DSC02707.JPG

Whats hammer paint? I find silver to be a PIA. It orange and yellow just dont like me. It seems the more pigmit add the more it runs.

I get it from Sherwin Williams for the sun testers I restore. Yes it is a big PIA to get to spray right. I do three light coats then see what it needs to get the gloss.

I get it from Sherwin Williams for the sun testers I restore. Yes it is a big PIA to get to spray right. I do three light coats then see what it needs to get the gloss.
Lucky at three coats. What you using for gloss?
It is surprising the different silver will make under some colors.

Bob doing some fixups on the 65, pulled covers off front seats repaired broken seat springs, put new padding on and hogring back together, put about 20 miles on it yesterday drove nice, today grease up both front door window roll up gears, I am trying to talk him into keeping it for a daily driver

image.jpg

image.jpg

Lucky at three coats. What you using for gloss?
It is surprising the different silver will make under some colors.
Just straight hammer paint set up really nice with that paisley effect. No gloss just a touch of xylene for thinning it out not to much or you lose the effect.

Thank you, I love it and hopefully we drive it to Rainier Or. today and show my mom, she loves all the old rigs Bob dolls up, and I think it brings back memories for her.

You have guts driving a rig you put 20 miles on on a trip!
Well yesterday Bob started from front bumper to rear bumper and checked everything out and filled all fluids, its 60 miles one way to my moms and plenty of little towns on the way so should be good

To think great great aunt and uncle loaded their brood of half dozen kids and belonging it to the model T and headed west to Oregon from Iowa during the great depression. Roads were but dirt pathways. No rest stops or camp grounds. Maybe a gas station where needed. Gas can were as essential as food and water.
We have problems leaving the house in restored and better equipped 70 year old vehicles than new. With modern roads and cell phones.

Well yesterday was fun, car show down in the valley. Saw me a 68 GT500! I'll upload pictures once the site stops actin weird and lets me upload

Back