• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Introducing FTO's Newest Member: Matthew Austin

Reaction score
I am a retired mechanic as of 1996. I have volunteered to repair my buddy's power windows on his 2003 Silverado but find a completely different means to control power windows, door locks, and mirrors than what it was back then.

I need help and direction in repairing his truck.

2003 Silverado 4X4 5.3L.

The conditions are as follows: The drivers side module (DDM) will roll up the drivers window, adjust the drivers mirror, and lock the drivers door. It WILL NOT roll up the passenger window, control the passenger mirror, or lock/unlock the passenger door. The passenger module (PDM) WILL NOT roll up the window or lock/unlock the door(s). I have confirmed power and ground feeding both modules. I have manually operated the passenger motor and it works just fine. I disconnected the battery in the hopes that it would help, but it didn't.

I checked the wiring harnesses on both doors and found no broken/open wires. I've opened up both modules and cleaned the switch contacts and looked for abnormalities on the circuit board but none found. I don't know how to diagnose/test the Body Control Module.

After discussing this with other technicians and folks at the dealer it was decided to replace the drivers DDM. Upon installation of said part it did not correct the problem. I then installed a new passenger PDM but it did not correct the problem.

I don't know what else to do. Please advise!

Do you have access to a scan tool that can read codes in the BCM, DDM and PDM? I will have to check a wiring diagram to see what goes where

Welcome aboard and good luck with your buddy's truck! I have precious little experience with Chevies.

Back