• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Introducing FTO's Newest Member: Bruce Hamilton

Bruce Hamilton

Reaction score
I grew up on a small farm in Eastern Iowa and now have a small farm of my own, where I raise grass fed beef. I had a 1979 Dodge Truck when I was in school and would like to do a frame off restoration of one now that I have the time. I have always liked the 79 Dodge with the 4 headlights. I currently am looking for a factory 4 barrel air cleaner, one from a LRE with the dual snorkels, tubes and fender buckets would be great.

I know this is a long shot, but do you still have the air cleaner, tubes and headlight buckets for the air cleaner?
Hello from Minnesota. The tubes connect to the radiator support, they don't go all the way to the headlights as Tom Hoover would have liked.

My truck has an unusual tailgate insert that has 2 rows of thin square ovals across the tailgate. I have two tailgates that have this design and they are both faded. My question is does anyone know what color the square ovals are supposed to be. The remember the truck I had back in 1979 as having black ovals, and the truck was silver, but the tailgates I have right now look to be a dark charcoal grey, and they came off of a black truck. I appreciate any input. Thanks

Back