• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Introducing FTO's Newest Member: Bad 408

Bad 408

Reaction score
Mopar guy since my 2nd car, a 67' 440 4 sp. GTX that raced everything with four wheels. Later on went to P/U trucks with 440's and 727 trans. 1st was a white 84' D-150 long bed with a Hughes street built iron headed 440 that would do high 11's on a cool night at Atco and Englishtown N.J. 2nd build was purchased with a 440 already in it as it was an 86' D-150 short bed stepside that was equally fast with a Ray Barton built mild street 440. The current Dodge D-150 is more show at the moment but looking for the go with a planned 408 stroker to be ordered somewhere shortly. It's my first experience with a small block but with the power these are making and the weight savings and with a 360 currently in it I'm going in that direction!

_DSC5147_48_49_50_51HDRI_tonemapped.jpg

_DSC5147_48_49_50_51HDRI_tonemapped.jpg

Thanks 99 Ram ... purchased off the estate of the original owner. All the blocks were checked for the options ... Limited slip rear, Maximum cooling, Royal SE Pkg., A/C, 360 4BBL, full power, two tone, HD Package, etc. Just had the chrome front bumper replaced with a fabricated metal roll pan and the chrome rear step replaced with a fiberglass roll pan along with new Ion wheels to take the 'grand pop' look out of it ... LOL. I was going with an R/T fiberglass hood but the wife said the Ram wouldn't look appropriate and I agreed!

Welcome aboard from NW New Joisey. Beautiful truck! For a minute thought you were in NJ as you raced at E-town, but your zip says Florida. If you get a chance, please send some of that weather northward!

Welcome aboard from NW New Joisey. Beautiful truck! For a minute thought you were in NJ as you raced at E-town, but your zip says Florida. If you get a chance, please send some of that weather northward!

Wish I could to help you out. Left New Joisey about 10 years ago to escape that sort of thing. Sad about E-Town. Went to all the Mopar events, domestic vs foreign and bracket raced every Sunday for years. Getting hot here with temps in the mid 80's all week. Probably shouldn't have gone there ... LOL.

Back