• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Introducing FTO's Newest Member: Art

Art

Reaction score
Hi. I have had pick up trucks, vans, carry alls, suburbans and the like for about as long as I have been driving. I started out with my Granddads 50 Studebaker truck and went thru a progression of mostly Chevy trucks - pre 55 - for a number of years. I sold my last Chevy truck at the time, a 1946, to get something that would be more suitable for pulling a racecar trailer. That got me into a Ford E-100 with around 200K on it. From there I pulled my car around with mostly Ford Trucks, with the exception of using a 1976 Mazda rotary pickup for a couple of years. Amazing. E
ventually I ended up with a 454 Suburban, but that was more of a family rig. We traded that one in on a Dodge diesel 3/4 ton. Quite the rig, it was. From there I regressed to older trucks again - I ended up with a 1965 Ford F-100. Pretty straight, but it had seen a lot of years on a farm - when I bought it, it still had hay and horsecrap in the bed! I still have that truck, someone did show it a bit of love and did some nice improvements on it - like an AOD transmission, headers and dual pipes, a redone interior and decent wheels and tires. Love driving it! Besides that one I just had to have a short bed 66 F-100 I ran across - very pretty - lots of new shiny stuff, good paint and a 350 chevy engine w/ 350 turbo transmission. More of a toy, but it is fun. Really - I have been without a truck a few times in my life, but I don't see that ever happening again!​

Hi there Art...welcome to FTO. :)

Got any pictures to share of your current ride?

Back