• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Interesting Dakota Article I found.

Its true. I have a 42 Dodge Pickup very rare since production of civilian vehicles was pretty much non existant during this year. I have checked around to see what the value would be, hoping I found a rare jewel that could bring me great riches. Yea pretty much since its a truck it will never be worth anything. Trucks are just not sought after as far as high end collectors go.

For what the 42 is they command high Dollar's, let's not try to put the R/T in a class with it or a Pacer. No one thought muscle car's were going to be worth what they are today either.

Last edited:
I think a small explanation is needed here.
I was not comparing the pacer to anything.
I merely stated rare does not always equate to something being valuable, and used the AMC pacer as an example.
The fact that two years dakota had limited production only means there were not enough buyers to warrant makingt more in those two years.
I don't beleive the standard dakota models will ever be worth much as a collector vehicle, but the R/T, because it offered more than the standard model may become a collector vehicle.
Bob.

I think a small explanation is needed here.
I was not comparing the pacer to anything.
I merely stated rare does not always equate to something being valuable, and used the AMC pacer as an example.
The fact that two years dakota had limited production only means there were not enough buyers to warrant makingt more in those two years.
I don't beleive the standard dakota models will ever be worth much as a collector vehicle, but the R/T, because it offered more than the standard model may become a collector vehicle.
Bob.

Another example of bean counters, thinking they know what people want. To many Iconic Names and Brands to go by the wayside recently

Umm..... Hate to burst your bubble, but as long as it's a truck, it isn't worth crap........

thats what they said about the little red express and any truck that remotely looks like them. now around my area you can't get a little red for less then $10k and a regular old fleetside in nice shape are selling for $5-8k

where can i find a belt tensioner assembly for a 1991 dodge dakota 5.2
need a smog pump eliminator kit for 1991 5.2 dodge dakota
You do realize this thread is over ten years old?

No listing in any parts store I looked up, or rockauto. If you have a part number, you may be able to see if it's the same, or superceded to a newer application. Or look up a late 90's part, and see if they are the same. They may not list the assembly based on age, it may be considered obsolete being 30 years old.

If it has a serpentine belt, I can't imagine it would be vastly different than a later Magnum tensioner assembly. Good luck in the hunt.

Last edited:
need a smog pump eliminator kit for 1991 5.2 dodge dakota
Check this thread out to see what they did

Here is another thread about this

Back