• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

In need of A 1990 - 1993 A518 for Ramcharger ?????

Capjr

Reaction score
Hello, I need trans or a rebuildable core for my ramcharger. Put in the shop to have it rebuilt , trans and t-case. Shop just told me that the trans is junk and can,t be rebuilt. If anyone knows of or has one please pm , with location, cost ?
My truck is a 90 Ramcharger se 4x4 318 eng. Thanks Charles
I am In central Cali.

I've got a rebuilt one with stupid low mile's on it that I'm gunna be pulling out of the doner truck soon but the shipping would probably be a killer from here in Mass .

Yaa, It probably would be . Thanks I did find one here in cali.

No problem ! The shipping probably would have cost allmost as the trany it's self . I run into that alot when I go to ship any Ramcharger parts to anyone . What I hate is when people complain to me about the cost of shipping something to them , as if I have any control over that end of it . Yah know ? .......... How bout some picture's of your ride ? Love to see it !

Bear, do you deal alot in rc parts ? I really don,t trip on shipping like some do , If its what i need and can get it for the right price ,no problems here. It goes with owning a older set of wheels. not like we can go to the dealer and order it like when they were new. I will post some pics when I get back home .She s not pretty but shes mine.

Yah I started selling Ramcharger and Dodge truck part's for two reason's . One , I got tierd of trying to find parts for my own truck's and two , to help suport my own ediction ( Mopar Truck's ) lol . Usualy if I don't have it , I can get it . New or used . And as far as your Ramcharger not being "pritty" ? That don't matter to me . My 84 Ramcharger aint the prittiest girl at the prom eather but she definitly leave's an impression ! lol Just ask the couple of superdullies and the 2500 hd I pulled out of the snow last winter . lol

Photos of my rc

photo015.jpgphoto017.jpgphoto014.jpg Bear here are a few pics:nod:

photo015.jpg

photo017.jpg

photo014.jpg

IMG_0637.jpgWhat are you talking about ? That's not a bad looking truck at all ! It even look's like you've got the original paint on it . IIIIIIIII like it ! Daaam I wish my 84 looked as clean as your's .

IMG_0637.jpg

Thanx Bear, yours is lookin good too,Got alittle lift Huh. how does she like the plow, seen alot of pick ups with attatchments Yours is the first ramcharger I seen with it .Most of the paint is original,driver side fender has been replaced,once I get the drivetrain squared away I think I will start on the bodywork .

Thank's Capjr ! I've got a 4" suspention lift . I'm thinking of throwing maybe one more inch in the body though . That will be next year though . Right now I'm trying to get everything ready for our snow season . This one is my 11'th Ramcharger ( not counting parts truck's ) allthough my wife say's I've had more of them . Ramcharger's are the only truck I'd plow with . There great ! In my opinion there the best plow truck out there . If you think about it alot of the pick up guy's have to add waight in the back of there truck's to give them more traction but with a Ramcharger you've got that built right in , so they realy don't get stuck in the snow . I've plowed snow that was half way up my door's and she still kept on truck'in . The only problem that I've ever had in the winter is trying to keep the rear window's clear . It's a long way for the heat to reach the back window's . But I think I might have that covered soon . I'm installing a back glass with a defroster built into it .

if the case and od housing is still good never seen one that couldnt be rebuilt.

It was the OD housing that let go and sent bearing parts through trans.and scored housing sealing surfacesplus sent shavings all through trans, I thought it was my tranfer case
going bad not trans but my tranny guy showed me different, so he got me a case and od unit, but this all happened last nov.they have both been rebuilt.

Back