• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

I Need advice

MoparsOnly

The snozberries taste like snozberries.
Reaction score
Ok before you smash me I'm working on an extremely thin budget. I purchased a 77 w-200 that had a 360. I pulled It for my engine 408 hyper pistons, hughes steamroller and roller lifters, you get the picture. I have a set of brand new KB 107 that are 030. I was thinking of plugging them In the original 360 but come to find out that the cylinders are .040. I was thinking again of getting some right sized rings for the KB107 pistons. It's not like I'm going tractor pulling or mud bog racing. What rings would you suggest?

Think you had better have the bores checked before making any more blind decisions.

The bores are good. I'm thinking that some guy had It bored and just thru a kit at It. They measure out to 40 over and still have cross hatching.

I would find the right pistons. Braking a ring land and the added twist on the rings wouldn't make it a good option. That extra slap space increases piston skirt wear and cylinder wear. I see it as a pay now or pay more later deal. But that's up to you.

Yup I had some extra time today and saw my machinist today and said the exact samething oh well It was worth a shot.

To find a good rebuild able core motor shouldn't break the bank.if you were near Chicago I could help you out, between my stash and my kid's

Block at 40, is it even and "square" no out of round or taper? If so a set of 40-over pistons should be available and not break the bank

Back