• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

How to remove plug for fuel pump pushrod

82GMC

Reaction score
Switching from electric to mechanical fuel pump on 1983 350ci and there is what looks to be a pipe cap of sorts in the hole for the pushrod. Not sure how to remove this the right way any suggestions ?

15955399940043916302510869156443.jpg

I would try a screw in the center of it and clamp vice grips onto the screw, then pry against the vice grips.

65 sporty...Thanks ..that was my first thought also but didn't know if that would work. Not really sure how they were held in there ..looks like they have sealer or something around the edges. I ll give it a try and see how it goes..thanks again

65 sporty...Thanks ..that was my first thought also but didn't know if that would work. Not really sure how it was held in there ..looks like they have sealer or something around the edges. I ll give it a try and see how it goes..thanks again

Thanks for the help..I tried the screw and pull but that didn't work..so I used a small punch and hit the one edge and it spun the cap sideways and I then grabbed it with needle nosed vise grips and it wiggled out no problem

Back