• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

How to Install Auxiliary Reverse Lights

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Want Bright Back Up Lights? Rig up your auxiliary lights to come on when you go in reverse.

The video shows you the step by step process of how the author wired the truck with a relay so when he puts the truck in reverse, the LED reverse lights come on with the stock reverse lights.

Where to get the lights used: Amazon.com: Baja Designs 50-0003 LED Driving Light: Automotive
Where to get the relay used: Amazon.com: Absolute USA 2 In-line ATC Fuse Holder, 2 Relay RLS125 12 VCD Automotive Relay SPDT 30/40A and 2 SRS105 12 VDC 5-Pin Relay Socket: Car Electronics
Automatic Wire Stripper: Neiko 01924A Ultimate Self-Adjusting Wire and Cable Stripper - Wire Stripping Tool - Amazon.com

Last edited:
I did something similar for my backup lights when plowing, They are mounted on a bar that sits in the bed pockets I have a relay mounted also. I ran the wiring down to the trailer connector to pick up power, ground and backup input for the relay. I used a 7 pin connector so I can remove them when I am not using them.

The auxiliary on the 7 pin would work quite well unless it needs to be utilized for charging a trailor battery.

The auxiliary on the 7 pin would work quite well unless it needs to be utilized for charging a trailor battery.
It does work great I only use it for plowing and remove it after I am done. I never use it when a trailer is connected

I have been accumulating lights for a headache light bar for the flat bed. All back facing, turns, brake and yes backup bed lights.

Mounted 6 inch lights on the rear bumper of my 01 Ram Sport .

1525361_784361485023580_1854464467245391143_n.jpg

Back