• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

How The Hell Do I Get This Off My Durango?

1stGenDurango'98

Reaction score
Hi All,

It has been awhile since I posted here but I have another question for you experts. I bought another Durango recently and I took the door panel or I believe card off to fix the window, and now the inside door hinge broke so now I need a new one. My question is how the hell do I get it off? Here are some pictures, any help would be appreciated.......

panel 1.jpeg

panel 2.jpeg
panel 3.jpeg
panel 4.jpeg

What you have pic's of looks like the inside door handle, I googled it and found 1 video where it had already been removed once and had screws in place of the melted plastic. You will have to grind the plastic off to remove the handle then hold the new handle on with screws installed where the plastic was melted over.

Guess that is what would be called a door panel replacement. Are you trying to tell us the door handle broke on the inside? Can the door handle be purchased separately? If it can be ask the supplier if the instructions come with it.

Guess that is what would be called a door panel replacement. Are you trying to tell us the door handle broke on the inside? Can the door handle be purchased separately? If it can be ask the supplier if the instructions come with it.

Not a panel replacement so to speak, but an inside door handle replacement as it is broken. I looked on RockAuto and they have just a door handle for like $5.00 bucks

What did e-bay or Amazon have listed. I have found some parts on Amazon that cost the same as Rock but with the wifes Prime I saved the shipping charges. I also have found some things at WAlMart .com that you wouldn't think they would sell. Like internal automatic transmission parts. You might just get the whole panel. Also I would use pop rivets instead of screws.

What did e-bay or Amazon have listed. I have found some parts on Amazon that cost the same as Rock but with the wifes Prime I saved the shipping charges. I also have found some things at WAlMart .com that you wouldn't think they would sell. Like internal automatic transmission parts. You might just get the whole panel. Also I would use pop rivets instead of screws.
Pop rivets will split the plasic towers. Screws will likely come with the handle.

Just did this on a hhr. Kit supplied a forstner bits and screws. Cut the melted plastic part and install handle with screws. Hokey at best. Not much for a 3/8 long screw to bite into.

Hello folks,

So very sorry I did not give an update on this. I did cut the plastic off as mentioned and put screws in place of the plastic. I unfortunately do not have photos as I did not think to take any. Thank you fine folks for the help on this little project since it was my first time doing it, it was much appreciated

Back