• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

how rare are 1983 ford ranger deisels with a 2.2l 4 cylender mazda/perkins deisel engine

dalton

Reaction score
ive been hearing alot here latly that my liottle truck is pretty rare i believe them im turning to you all to see just how rare it really is

I remember working on a 85 with a diesel but I thought that one was a Mitsubishi diesel.

mines an origional 1983 with the factory 2.2l 4 cylender deisel engine its never been worked on or rebuilt right now the speedometer stands at only 42452 miles .the engines not even broke in. it runs great and starts on the first turnover nearly every time

ive already seen that but thanks any way
I hadn't, but I don't have a diesel ranger.

The mitsu diesel was like adding 2 more cylinders hp wise! How is the engine power wise, can you haul more than a gas version or was the engine more for fuel economy? That was during the first great emissions wave so I'm sure the gas engine was a dog in its own right.

it can pull a good 2000 to 3000 pounds amd without pulling anything it gets 35 to 40 mile to the gallon its got 2 feul tanks both 15 gallons each mine has only 42452 so the engine is not even broke in yet

Dalton
Have you had it since new? At 35 to 40 mpg its hard to understand why Ford is not still building it.

no my grandad bought it brand new i bought it from him he never drove it much and he said the speedometers never been tripped so

Screenshot_2015-10-29-07-24-53.png
Screenshot_2015-10-29-07-24-57.png

its got good paint on it not much rust on the sides or car all the rust is on one weel wheld and its just surfice rust and not much rust

it does love to blow out a tone of black smoke it dont efect the millage much at all and theres nothing wrong with the engine it just likes to blow smoke

Screenshot_2015-10-26-15-38-06.png

But hardly enough miles to be broke in. If you ever get to see the results of a desiel hydro lock it's not a pretty picture. Black smoke is a sign of unburnt fuel not a sign of extra power.

it dont do it all the time it just does it like that when you first crank it once it runs for a good minute the smoke is not as thick it does put out like that if im pulling somthing really heavy

just curiouse whats the biggest engine that can fit in the truck becouse its got a good size engine compartment

Back