• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

How are you celebrating the 4th?

Only took me about 7 years to learn to double check what might be holding me up when disconnecting things.
I double and triple check everything and there always seems to be that one lil thing that gets hung up .

The local boy's have gotten to know me anyways and they kind of leave me alone . But you know there will be that "one time" that would be the wrong time . I really don't drink when I drive anyways , not for years . I kind of learned my lesson when I was younger . Ever go into a spin at over 140 MPH ?
That i have not done. Like to go in a straight line and you have to look sooo far ahead to make sure you do not run into anything in that half mile ahead.

That i have not done. Like to go in a straight line and you have to look sooo far ahead to make sure you do not run into anything in that half mile ahead.
I prefer straight line myself and that was the goal that night ( well kind of lol ) . Long story short . I was young , stupid , drunk and feeling sorry for myself . Late one night a big block Chevelle had pulled up next to me , looked over as he goosed the gas and laughed as he looked at my built 68 Olds . Light went green and he got out on me and just before we hit a bend in the road I went by him like he was standing still ( He said he I was doing about 140 MPH ) at that point . I hit the bend and lost it , went into a spin and finally hit a wall backwords , sliding along that wall for about a quarter or so miles and finally came to a stop when the wall ended and another wall started . Slamming the back end of the car into the second wall . That was the last time I touched a drink and got behind the wheel . Like I said , I was young and "stupid" . I now take my driving abilities very seriously and some say I'm dam good , but I will never again be stupid enough to drink and drive ever again .

Ever go into a spin at over 140 M
I don't think I've ever had a car capable of doing that, with the roads where I lived. Since I've moved I have more open, straight roads.

I drink responsibly when I'm out. They have taken the safety aspect and used that to turn it into a money printing machine. $7000 just to get ones license back? I'm not saying drunk driving isn't dangerous, just that they found a money pit.

I consider myself a good driver (skills, I have bad habits when driving) and like to think I'm a big enough boy (insert joke here) to know when I've had too much. To me, it isn't worth the financial impact it would have on me. Plus I hate having to be driven somewhere, ever. Love my freedom of driving myself or others.

I have a friend who still has an imprint of his key in his leg when he wrecked his coronet while drunk 30 years ago. He will admit he was young and dumb. Funny how a bad wreck will change ones mind.

Still drink and drive them cup holders are in there for something kind of partial to Quick Trip passion fruit ice tea.
As far as speed goes guess when telephone poles are no longer countable thats fast enough.

My drinkin and drivin is only coffee or an occasional coke - had a go-round with stupidity a whole lotta years ago and don't want another.

My drinkin and drivin is only coffee or an occasional coke - had a go-round with stupidity a whole lotta years ago and don't want another.
I hear yah on the Coffee thing , It seems like I've always got either an Iced Coffee ( during the warmer months ) and a hot cup ( during the colder months ) at my side whenever I go out . As far as the drinking and driving thing , It's just that I think about the poor shmuck that I could take out that's just trying to get home to his wife and kids and not so much about myself . To me , It's just not worth it .

Back