• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

How are you celebrating the 4th?

Polara_500

Reaction score
Pretty quiet up here, kids are coming up so will be a yardful of kids, grandkids and greatgrands for the day. Nothing much planned beyond the get together and a table full of food. Can't even cheat much on fireworks as the wheat field next door is so close to turning, may be pretty dumb sometimes but generally try avoid stoopid.

Kind of a rough week so we were going to hit a car show , but the closest one is about two hours away . So that's out . So It look's like a couple of hand rubbed nice thick steaks on the grill , some of my homemade tader salad , a couple of cold ones and a full mason jar . :cool:

Laura and I are going to go to a couple lakeside bars, first for eats then for treats, barley pops and fireworks.

Yes and i am so excited nothing is getting done.

I did eventually get to it. Got to get the fuel line disconnected from the fuel rail the hoist hoist hooked up and hopefully will be ready to pull. Providing i did not miss something.

Last edited:
Nice quiet day, lotsa food - brisket, ribs and pulled chicken and of course slaw, beans, chips and so on with way too many dessert dishes. Only bad part was the go kart crapped out on the kids and couldn't get it back up.

Ate some pretty food off the grill ( I do the cooking ) , drank some cold ones , cracked open my last mason jar and watched some fireworks off our back deck . Made no sense going anywhere , the boys in blue were everywhere .

The lakeside bars were great. Had an Are U Nuts burger (jalapenos, pepper jack cheese and some other spicy something) and a couple of beers at the first place. Apparently I'm completely freaking insane, cause that burger hardly even heated up my mouth. Then we were off to the fireworks viewing bar. IPA was the beer of choice, gotta keep our Hop growing friends in business! Good fireworks and good driving karma (I even let a bunch of people in ahead of me) got us home quick and safe. Boys in blue? They don't scare me, course I was driving an '08 Avenger R/T, not much to draw attention.

That stinks must have really put a damper on the kids.
Well, it's really mostly my fault, I suspect. I haven't really done much in the way of maintenance on it since I bought it eight or nine years ago other than repairing what the kids tear up running into things.... Haven't even drained the gas before storing it over winter, think that's what got it, carb looks kinda ugly inside.

Well, it's really mostly my fault, I suspect. I haven't really done much in the way of maintenance on it since I bought it eight or nine years ago other than repairing what the kids tear up running into things.... Haven't even drained the gas before storing it over winter, think that's what got it, carb looks kinda ugly inside.
Bad grandpa! Just kidding. I don't drain the gas in anything before I store it. Got all that ethanol in it to soak up the water!

Have to say though, that since I started putting Sta-Bil in every can of gas I fill, this is the first issue. Been several years since I've had a small engine crap out first thing in the spring and that used to be the norm.

Yes and i am so excited nothing is getting done.

I did eventually get to it. Got to get the fuel line disconnected from the fuel rail the hoist hoist hooked up and hopefully will be ready to pull. Providing i did not miss something.

Hey, 7, as long as the hoist is powerful enough it won't matter what isn't disconnected yet!! Then ya just gotta worry how to fix it. Sorry, couldn't resist, done it too many times myself...........

as long as the hoist is powerful enough it won't matter what isn't disconnected yet!! Then ya just gotta worry how to fix it.
Only took me about 7 years to learn to double check what might be holding me up when disconnecting things.

Worked in a salvage yard years ago. We pulled engines and transmission in about 15 minutes using a old army 6x wrecker. No wrenches required.
I have over 2 days in this and have not gotten the 2 ton hoist close to it.

Never did it for a living, but I do notice that I've slowed way, way down from what I used to do. I now spend more time planning and thinking about what could go wrong and trying to compensate for that instead of just turning wrenches on a whim.

Boys in blue? They don't scare me, course I was driving an '08 Avenger R/T, not much to draw attention.
The local boy's have gotten to know me anyways and they kind of leave me alone . But you know there will be that "one time" that would be the wrong time . I really don't drink when I drive anyways , not for years . I kind of learned my lesson when I was younger . Ever go into a spin at over 140 MPH ?

Back