• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hot Tub Time!

LocuMob

Fluid Technician
Reaction score
The hot tub is coming today, should be here shortly. Some ups and downs figuring out where it was going to land, what height the deck surround was going to be and how much to spend.

First the city axed our plans for putting it right next to our current deck out front. Would have required a variance, and we found out our current deck is already to far into the setback zone. So we moved it around the corner of the house and made it bigger! Doing so we needed to get rid of some bushes that had gotten out of control. Win-win for me, as I wanted a big deck and I hated those bushes.

The guy doing the concrete work wanted to do a 2 step height deck, until he realized how much concrete the slab would need. So.we got to build it the height we wanted to begin with. Isn't th customer always right?

Slap has been done for long enough and the tub shows up today. Then the deck can be built. The tub will be set in about 8 inches with the deck surrounding it. We got a pergola to go over the tub also.

Fill it up and by tomorrow we can have our hydrotherapy sessions begin! Kicked by back listening to the radio that is included should be nice. I'll post pics after its installed.

Hers a few pics of the tub:

IMAG3646.jpg
IMAG3647.jpg
IMAG3648.jpg

My girlfriend will be occupying the seat that has the most jets, as she was the one who needs the tub to help with her back. The deck is scheduled to start next week, but the guy hasn't responded to my girlfriend yet. Hmm. I'm staying positive and expect it to start on time. We will try it out tomorrow and see if it helps.

None of my business, but since you mentioned your gf needs this for her back - is this prescribed? My sister had a similar issue years ago so her Doc prescribed a hot tub and most of the cost was absorbed by her health insurance... Just a thought.

I've been trying to get her to do that, but she went ahead and we got a refurbished one for pretty cheap. She didn't want to bother with insurance, so maybe if this one takes a crap I'll make her to that route. She said 5 doctors over the years have told her she needs a hot tub. On the plus side, I now have 200 amp electrical service so I can upgrade my garage down the road!

If you want I can check details, but as I recall the big part was the prescription itself.

On the other hand, there is the personal/indirect payoff in the near future........ :happy:

I've been trying to get her to do that, but she went ahead and we got a refurbished one for pretty cheap. She didn't want to bother with insurance, so maybe if this one takes a crap I'll make her to that route. She said 5 doctors over the years have told her she needs a hot tub. On the plus side, I now have 200 amp electrical service so I can upgrade my garage down the road!
And you just used 60 amps. That leaves 40 for the garage. Ground fault installed?

And you just used 60 amps. That leaves 40 for the garage. Ground fault installed?
The electrician said we could hook up a 60 amp for the garage. Still have 80 for the house. Ground fault installed.

If you want I can check details, but as I recall the big part was the prescription itself.

On the other hand, there is the personal/indirect payoff in the near future........ :happy:
She could get a prescription, but she's being stubborn. She doesn't wait for things to happen, she just goes ahead and does it, often with noooooo planning involved. I haven't done anything but bounce ideas off of her so she could figure out what she did and didn't want. That and work ot to pay for some of it. Worth almost every penny!

The payoff is all that really matters.

Ooohhhhh, the tub was awesome. One speaker for our stereo doesn't work, boo hoo for me! The other one and the subwoofer still work, so who cares? One of The installers said he'd try to get us a replacement.

But the tub works awesome! Gotta figure out what knobs control what jets, but should have that figured out soon enough.

It's family day at the tub! Girlfriend's daughter and the youngest granddaughter came over to try it out. Granddaughter was only in it for about 5 minutes, but she liked it. Only took 2 days for guests to show up, not bad.

I realize referring to my girlfriend as my girlfriend sounds, empty, so from now on, I'll call her by name, Laura.

Are the jets adjustments made at the jet or do you have to find the right spot on the keypad if digital? Now time to build a privacy fence and send the guest home.

Are the jets adjustments made at the jet or do you have to find the right spot on the keypad if digital? Now time to build a privacy fence and send the guest home.
You can adjust the power of the jets on the control panel, and you can turn the big jets on/off by twisting the outside of the jet. You can also turn the inside of the jet to make it oscillate, or be a steady stream. Still haven't figured out all the air jet controls. I love how some knobs control jets across the tub from where the knob is.

IMAG3801.jpg
The deck is done! The guys showed up Monday and worked for a few hours, spent the next couple of days getting the frame and decking down and yesterday got the railing done. I have to do the walkway out of pavers and then they come back to put stairs down off the existing deck. Soon no more mud to walk through!

Last edited:
Looking good. Now you get to apply some stain.......... or are you gonna let nature take it's course?

Back