• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

high millage

Danielted

Reaction score
Hi. Someone could help me. A neighbour has a pick up on sell.
It is a Ford F 150 XLT V8 4x4
, 4 doors and extended cabin.
But it has 242 000 miles.
It runs very good and has a very good look.
6 500 is the price.
But i am afraid of miles...Is it too much ?

Last edited:
I bought my 98 Dodge 2500 4x4 for $3,000. Solid Montana truck with some chips in the paint and surface rust on the passenger rear of the box. It had 220,000 plus miles on it. The brakes were redone before I got it. It was used hard and put away wet, resulting in a cracked transmission housing. I've had it at least five years, and just recently have spent almost the same amount for new tires, new steering box, tie rods, drag link, one axle shaft, seals, brakes front and rear. I still need to do a pinion seal and u joints, as well as have the transmission built to bulletproof specs. I will have a new truck mechanically.

I knew the history of my truck before I bought it, so I was comfortable with buying it, especially from a friend. For me, it's not the miles, but how they were put there. My old truck had almost 300,000iles, and again, I knew the history and had no problem buying that one either.

I don't consider 200,000 miles high mileage anymore if standard maintenance has been done.

Back