• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hey parts vendors, how about INCLUDING A DECENT SET OF INSTRUCTIONS in with the stuff you sell?

Kern Dog

Reaction score
What the hell has happened to these companies? How much money are they saving by not including a good set of instructions in the package?
Here's the problem:
A man goes to install an ice maker in his fridge.
A man goes to install a garage door opener.
A man goes to install a porch light.
A man goes to install a new brake booster.
Every one of those guys gets the parts he needs, then gets home and opens the box to find either:
Meager instructions.
NO instructions other than to go to the manufacturers website to download instructions.
That is it.
This is bullshit. Not everyone has installed those parts numerous times where they are completely familiar with it all and need no help. SOME people are doing it for the first time and need direction.
This has happened twice to me in one week.
First, I bought a vacuum booster, linkage and reinforcement plate for a 66-70 B body Mopar. I have never installed this specific kit before. ZERO instructions were in the box.
During the installation, I encountered a few issues that would have been a LOT easier IF the vendor would have included a few pages of instructions.
Today I was going through the incomplete instructions for a Vintage Air kit for another 66-70 B body. This time there were instructions but they are horrible. They include NO clear measurements on where to drill holes in the firewall to mount the evaporator/fan unit. The aftermarket kit uses a non stock unit with mounting holes in different locations. Do these idiots think their customers are mind readers?
Sure...a decent tech can muddle through and figure it out but why make things difficult for your customers?
I installed a Classic Auto Air kit in my Charger in 2019 and those instructions, while not perfect, were much better than the ones included in the Vintage Air kit.
This is shitty business practice. These pricks need to be told that it will not be tolerated.
I'm not a fan of the brush off that some companies do....go to our website and download the instructions....
Here is a better idea. YOU download them and put them in the box with the parts.
You know, like decent companies used to do.

I totally agree. This has slowly gotten way worse over the years. Of the few things I got recently, not only were the instructions nonexistent; but if they were included, they were printed in microscopic type on a piece of paper that was one quarter the size of a normal 8 x 11 piece of paper. Many companies don't even have additional info on their websites to download either!

1693209853369.png

:p

Ha ha...
Yeah, I posted this very topic on 3 of Joey's sites and 3 others!
IT really pisses me off.
A guy on FABO put up some excellent counterpoints though.
Since I try to be open minded and not a stubborn ass, I understand the situation a little more because of his responses.

Ha ha...
Yeah, I posted this very topic on 3 of Joey's sites and 3 others!
IT really pisses me off.
A guy on FABO put up some excellent counterpoints though.
Since I try to be open minded and not a stubborn ass, I understand the situation a little more because of his responses.
I'm not open minded, and I AM a stubborn ass when it comes to that stuff. I have sent items back to the selling company, stating "parts missing", ie instructions.

Oh crap! Don't buy any playground stuff for the kids or grandkids if this bothers you. It only gets worse with electronics.
But I get it. You by only one item and will likely never buy another. You should know by now we aren't supposed to be working on our own stuff. Leave that to someone that supposedly has done it many times. What crap!

A couple of years ago, I bought something that needed to be assembled. On the box it said "before attempting assemble, please read the instructions". Opened the box, and there was a manila envelope with printing on the outside. "Instructions, please read before attempting assembly". On the front page "instructions, please read". Inside the first page "now that you have attempted assembly and failed. PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS" :) :)

Back