• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hey GM guys!

ok just filled my chevy 1 ton ,I guess I could follow the dodge pulling the ford and wait until it over heats then pull them both home.

Nope ! It won't take long ,its really no bother , i am used to towing broke fords and dodges home .

I've hauled a butt load of Chevy/GMC's across the scales with that old Dodge of mine & never had to fill up

I've hauled a butt load of Chevy/GMC's across the scales with that old Dodge of mine & never had to fill up

same here in fact my brother just dragged our neighbors 05 chevy 1 ton duramax home with his little dakota . i couldnt do anything but laugh because the same neighbor was just saying last week what junk dodges are . a buddy of mine that owns a farm tried chevy before and he now has 8 chevys in a scrap pile at the back of his property they never made it more than 5 years but still has and uses the 79 dodge his dad bought new and cant kill it , needless to say after the chevy misadventure he has nothing but dodges working on his farm again except for 1 diesel ford thats been an alright truck

I am glad to see the dodge guys are hanging out in the chevy forum , I have owned fords and dodge trucks and can't knock them ,I just like my chevys the best , each to your own . But never got pulled home by either dodge nor ford .

Dude We aint knocking anyone just poking fun a little to get some traffic going over at the Ford & GM forums. I've owned them all I just grew up Chrysler I had a 67 Chevy small window Pro Streeter with a setback tunnel rammed 440 Big Chevy along with a bunch of other lowered or lifted 49-87 Chev GMC trucks & muscle cars
Besides we're all here for the trucks anyway & you ain't had to many folks to talk to!

TRUE TRUE the forums need some chatter ,I have always had a truck or two , towed , dirt dragged ,off road raced , and showed . Glad to see some more truck gear heads are still living THE KEEP ON TRUCKING alive and well.

You just HAVE to start trouble don't you addict?! Lol

We just bought my wife a 99 Tahoe a couple weeks ago. Well see how long it lasts

HotStuff, go get some of your hometown GM truck buddies & we can poke enough fun back & forth that it will jump start this GM forum & you guys can take it from there

I keek waiting for the homeys to chime in , I guess there just to old to have computers and such , or out on the road towing them fords, dodges home . HAHAHA

LMAO...
I have 2 Crew cab Rams (2500 Diesel, and a 3500 diesel 4wd.) a GMC Sierra Crew 5.3L, a Silverado long bed 4.8L, and a Ford E150 passenger van 5.8L, and let me tell you, once you get past brand loyalty, and the various list prices, there isn't much difference in the "cost of ownership". And that speaks directly to reliability and longevity of these trucks.

...by the way, my Silverado has over a quarter million miles on it, and it's never overheated. :smile:

I love hearing war stories form people who have never owned or even driven one of the "other brands".

For example, I heard all the "stories" about how bad the Toyota trucks are. About a year ago I rented a tundra while out of town. Picked it up at the airport in Albuquerque, N.M. ( I had to arrange for the truck to be there before hand. usually cars and minivans only at airports).
Anyway, I had the truck for 10 days, and it was fantastic. Very comfortable, spunky, excellent handling, and roomy as hell, and it worked pretty good, too.

Have never had the opportunity to drive a Titan, but based on my experiences driving Dodges, Fords, and Chevies for the past 47 years, I can only conclude that the horror stories I've heard about them from "other brand" loyalists include about as much fact as the horror stories I've heard about Dodge, Ford, and Chevy.

I also enjoy ready about the one really bad POS truck (available from ALL manufacturers) that caused someone to "Never drive that brand again, because they suck".

It's a matter of preference, when you are predisposed to like something you look for and boast about all it's positive attributes, and ignore it's idiosyncrasies. Likewise, when you are predisposed to prefer something else or dislike something, those same idiosyncrasies become major stumbling blocks, and all of the good attributes are minimized.

Dodges, Fords, GM, Toyotas, Nissans, all respond well to proper care and maintenance. My 2000 Silverado has 250,000+ miles on it, and is still going. Why, probably because I take good care of it. Likewise, I sold my 1976 B200 in 1986 with 291,000+ miles on it, and the guy who bought it from me kept it for another 9 years. In 1994 I sold my 1986 Dodge B150 with 301,000+ miles on it to a guy I was working with at the time. He put another 100,000+ miles on it, and sold it to someone else. In '94 I purchased a 1994 Ford van that I still have, It's got 175,000 miles on it, has been used as family transportation, and a tow vehicle for my cars, my boat, and my travel trailer. It's still runs great, and none of theses vehicles, has ever left me stranded on the side of the road, EVER.

There's nothing wrong with brand loyalty, I have it myself. I like all brands of cars and trucks, but I prefer MoPar. Nothing wrong with brand loyalty at all, but it has far less to do with reality, and far more to do with opinion. Nonetheless, I know people who believe that they've got it figured out, and nothing is better than their preference. Again, not an issue for anyone but them, but as a truck enthusiast it seems to me that being that closed minded about things is only going to cause you to miss out on some really great deals on one of the other 4 brands of full sized trucks.

When I'm searching for trucks on the 'net, I search "Pick up trucks", not any specific brand. Why limit myself based on false belief. Of course, if two catch my eye, and all things are equal, I will lean toward Mopar, first.

Like I said, I'm a brand loyalist, my self, but I'm not a brand snob. If I find a good deal on a good truck, I'm going to by it, the logo on the tail gate doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Back