• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Here is my 50 ford im building

Glad to hear you guys are still working on the 51 Mike. I like those old fords there a good looking truck.
I've always wanted a 53.

I have some updates to post for Creed, he has been busy this late spring and early summer, our friend over the hill has a nice shop and has built many many street rods and keeping Creed on track :first:

Eastate sale day 009.jpg

Eastate sale day 012.jpg

Eastate sale day 013.jpg

July 2013 Grandma 007.jpg

July 2013 Grandma 008.jpg

July 2013 Grandma 010.jpg

July 2013 Grandma 014.jpg

July 2013 Grandma 012.jpg

Looking good. Wish I had a lift like that in my shop, sure would make a lot of things easier to do!

For many of us of a "certain age" who are not quite as limber as we used to be,a lift doesn't make things easier to do. It makes them possible to do.

I have a 4 poster with ramps that rolls around that I bought about 6 years ago for $2500 on sale. Absolutely the best money I ever spent on a tool.

I have no problem getting back up once I get down,but my problem is knees and a back that doesn't want to work,and if I don't have something to hold on to,I usually end up just falling when I try to get down. Which doesn't seem to make me more flexible when I fall down on cement floors.

Now that I have the lift I can sit down or stand while doing things like brake jobs,or just walk under the car to work on it.

With a square steel bar laid across the ramps to hang my electric winch from,it also serves as a handy engine or body hoist.

I have never owned a lift, but as you can see the barter system is alive and well here in my area :tea:
Creed helped my friend remove an old building and helped my friend put metal siding in his paint booth
and Creed is a great body and paint man, worked 2 years doing it so he has been working on my friends Hudson, and 66 Mustang (body and paint work), Creed builds his own engines :amen: just like his old man :yo:
The 460 and trans is ready to go, but there is still more work to do on the fire wall and steering and such, I hope everyone had a great 4th and looking forward to a good month of July .. Thank you all for your interest and friend ship here

Creed and I went to our friends shop over the hill yesterday and I brought my camera, they are about to put the 460 in but these pictures are the before the fire wall gets painted Gun metal gray metallic, as you can see they have the power brake booster in and Creed found some wheel, I hope to update this very soon with int, and fire wall paint next, but who know, I may have the next update with the new built 460 in it..... I will be glad to see this truck on the road.

2013 STRWBERRY 041.jpg

2013 STRWBERRY 047.jpg

2013 STRWBERRY 053.jpg

2013 STRWBERRY 057.jpg

Update everyone :clap2: Creed has made leaps and bounds on his build :photo: the new 460 is matted to his C6 Trans and running great, new steering column is in and Lokar throttle system and and shifter and center hump, floor board is dun, he has a video of it running and wow!! the big block sounds great, it won't be long now :smile: I will make sure he will update this thread for us soon.

Creeds Ford Truck 460 002.jpg

Creeds Ford Truck 460 003.jpg

Back