• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

HELP PLEASE Fuel sending unit 87 ramcharger 35 gallon tank

creed247

Reaction score
I just purchased an 88 Ramcharger. Fuel gauge doesnt work so I dropped tank and sending unit is bad. Have had no luck finding one. Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be the best fix or know where I can find one?

Thanks Creed

Is it an 87 or an 88 ? Also is it injected or carbed there's a difference in the units . If it's an 87 and it's a 318 then it's injected but if it's a 360 then more then likely it's carbed .

88 carbureted

Is it an 87 or an 88 ? Also is it injected or carbed there's a difference in the units . If it's an 87 and it's a 318 then it's injected but if it's a 360 then more then likely it's carbed .

Its an 88 carbureted. The fuel lines are on driver side which from what ive read means it was set up for tbi. But after looking and looking I know the fuel sending unit out of a 35 gallon tank for 87 4x4 is what I need. But have had no luck finding one.

IMG_1024.jpg Sorry , The only one I have in stock is one for an injected Ramcharger . It's got the pump built in . It looks like this .

IMG_1024.jpg

View attachment 2568 Sorry , The only one I have in stock is one for an injected Ramcharger . It's got the pump built in . It looks like this .

Thanks for looking for me. I just cant understand why a mechanical sending unit is so hard to find. I may end up changing the entire tank and getting one out of an older ramcharger.

No problem . There so hard to find because they don't make replacement units for them and working used ones are hard to find because they always rust out . Swapping to an older tank isn't going to make your search much easier . There even harder to find . There are a couple of universal units out there that I've been thinking of trying . But I just haven't had the chance to check them out personally . So I can't say , here use this one . Some guy have even taken an injected unit like the one I showed you and taken the pump out and just used the unit . But I can't say to do that because I'm not sure which style unit you have . They changed from year to year and application to application . I've seen at least four different styles of units from 87 to 90 . As a matter of fact , If I did have a few units in stock , I would have asked you to send me a picture of the one you had now just so I'd make sure I was selling you the right one .

Back