• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

HELP PLEASE '76 D100 360 a833 OD?

gdtmdan

Reaction score
Truck was originally 3 on the tree and have placed a 3spd w/od 10.5" flywheel but having an issue with the ZBAR placement. Brewers Performance has a bracket listed for this under '76-'87 but cannot see it being placed correctly for relocating bellhousing ball stud?

Has anybody else had to deal with this? My a833 is out of an '82 D150 slant six.

Thanks in advance for any help provided! Dan

Can you make it a little clearer what you are trying to place? Clutch torque shaft or some type of shifter conversion.

I changed my stndrd 3spd on the tree which it had the stndrd 360(5.9) 11" flywhl & bellhousing (rectangular bolt pattern to tranny) Now I have 360(5.9) an A833 tranny w/10.5" flywheel & bellhousing (trapezoid bolt pattern to tranny) bellhousing may be from a car. I bought the A833 out of an '82 D150 and the bellhousing that came with the A833 was from being behind a 225 slant six w/10.5" flywheel. This bellhousing will not work w/for behind my 360(5.9). Shifter is the stndrd Hurst that came with the A833 from Dodge 3spd w/OD+reverse on the floor and I am not having any issues with it now that I have the tranny crossmember placed correctly (LOL). Zbar location is placed over the top of my C channel frame that is placed on my original Frame ball stud plate that bolts to the outside front-left side of my C channel frame under the steering column. Now on the new A833 bellhousing the tranny ball stud is almost 3" lower and to make Zbar fit would have to cut/drill C channel frame and relocate Frame ball stud & plate. I really do not want to do this last part!
I am assuming that Brewers Performance has a fix for this issue but cannot picture how http://www.brewersperformance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BSB859 will work for relocating my tranny ballstud and would like to know if it will help me before paying the price plus the ride. I have printed the pic out and layed under the truck trying to see how this will fix my tranny ballstud location and cannot picture this being my fix.
I am wondering if anybody else has had this issue? And if anybody has used this tranny ballstud relocate bracket?

:frusty: Dan

Last edited:
Dan

If you are using one of the bell housing this bracket is designed for flat hole of bracket bolts in original ball stud location.
Bent leg will bolt into bell housing to engine bolt hole location above original ball stud location raising new ball stud. Bent leg towards bell housing.

Last edited:
7mopar Thank you and I was thinking what you are saying however without actual dimensions for the bracket does not seem to line up with any existing bolt locations. I guess worst thing is drill a hole where bent end falls and insert a pin or thread and put a bolt to make sure new ballstud location does not change during operation!

Back