• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Help deciding

trumpeterb

Reaction score
My 2012 ram 2500 was involved in an accident a couple of weeks back. They totaled my truck. I am now in the market for a replacement, and I have found two vehicles I really like. One is a 2020 ram 2500 with the 6.7 diesel engine and 65,000 miles. it was a fleet truck owned by a rental company. The second truck is a 2020 Chevy 2500 with the Z 71 package and 6.6 L gas engine. It has 98,000 miles and a single owner. The price of both trucks is within $1000 of each other. I really like the bells and whistles in the Chevy, but I like the towing power of the diesel. Either truck will tow anything I ever need though. What are your thoughts?

It depends on what you want the truck to do. If you are going to tow something all the time, then you need the diesel. If you are going to just tow on occasion then the gas is what you want. The maintenance on the diesel is more and repairs are more, that's why to make it pay it needs to live with a trailer attached to it. If it's driven by a soccer mom you don't need the diesel

Back