• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from the dirty south

porch- honky

Reaction score
My names Jimmy /54 yrs old / new to the Mopar scene and still learning the schematics of dodges .

Took my knowledge of chevys and fords and threw it out the window.
I never knew a dodge was a creature of its own .
I’ve had my 77’ w-200 for about 3 years now . I’ve done a lot to this truck. Which started life as a M-880,
Then was a Florida forestry truck ( signs tell me it had a rough life in this period ).
Then it was a volunteer fire fighter truck . Went to auction where it was purchased by a friend who used it for a while . He told me he was going to sell it . I never put much thought of owning it . But I was in the market for a new ride “ something older “ and as I looked at vehicles. That dodge was a better buy .
It didn’t run but I told him to put it on his rollback and bring it to me .
After a new carburetor and some tinkering I got it going . Drove it like that for a while . Put about 10 spray can paint jobs on it . Until I decided on the pattern I was going with . Bought many decals for it . I get compliments on my truck daily !
I swapped the full time front axle for locking hubs .
Pulled out the old wore out 318.
And bought a 349-STROKER from a straight up dodge shop . And I’m not done with it yet . I also have a 71’ step side. And a power ram mud toy

IMG_6561.jpeg

IMG_6560.jpeg

IMG_6477.jpeg

IMG_6324.jpeg

IMG_6322.jpeg

IMG_6318.jpeg

IMG_6243.jpeg

Welcome aboard ad nice work! Very cool. Lots of good info here and good people! Best of luck with it and thanks for posting the pictures! :drinks:

Hello from the show me state. Glad you finally made it to the Mopar world. Yes, we are different. Yet I found this summer my 83 has a GM design steering column.

welcome , glad to have on board . what's up with that 71 d100 . i've got a 64 d100 like yours . planted a hp 383 in her with a 9 1/4 3.54 ls r/e . she started life as a /6 pb auto .

DSC06661.JPG

DSC00898.JPG

DSC00001.JPG

DSC09262.JPG

DSC09263.JPG

DSC08033.JPG

Back