• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello everyone. New "old " guy here. Just found this forum.

Russ

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just spent some time browsing the forum and saw a few names that I recognized from other forums. I've always been a Mopar guy but now my toy is a 57 Chevy 3100. I don't have room (or energy) to have over one toy at a time so I sold my last truck, a 69 Dodge Adventurer short wide to my Brother-in-Law and bought the Chevy. I found out that it's a lot easier to restore a Chevy than a Dodge. There are very few aftermarket parts available for the Dodge but you can build a complete new 57 Chevy from ground up if your credit card will stand the strain, LOL. Here's a pic of my truck. I want to keep the 57 look but have added some conveniences like power steering, disc brakes, Vintage Air a/c, and some bling like all new chrome, tinted glass, and wide whites.

visor.jpg

visor.jpg

Welcome to the site Russ ! Nice 57 you have there . It's a shame you sold the 69 but I do understand what you said about the availability of Mopar truck parts in the aftermarket . It's even getting tough to find parts for an 80's Dodge truck let alone a 60's . Hope you enjoy the site .

Russ, that's a very sharp truck (just like your Power Wagon was)! Welcome here, I hope there's good info in the chevy section of the forum (I've never been in there...). It sounds like I would get bored building chevys, as the hunt is part of the fun for me.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. It was a hard decision for me to sell my Dodge but I'd had it for 13 years and just wanted something older. My brother-in-law has it now and it's garaged and lovingly cared for so it has a good home. I still get to drive it when I visit him and he says that he will never sell it so that's a plus. Actually, I've probably put more miles on it in the three years since I sold it than I did in the three years before that.

Back