• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Having problem with 79 powerwagon vin

SHAKEYS mudder

Reaction score
This Vin isnt adding up. 79 special edition

Screenshot_20200611-215646_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200611-215602_Gallery.jpg

I did a trade with a friend. I have been trying to decipher the Vin. it's coming up blank. Need some input. I have now notified my friend we have a problem!!! But maybe not

I will find out tomorrow if I can plate it. I just traded Sunday for it. It has a kill switch to the ignition on the dash. Factory I believe, And a push button white in dash for circuit breaker. Factory also. I think. It has a slap stick tranny. 3 high and 3 low. I traded a nice jeep for it. Always wanted a powerwagon.

Why did you trade if you did not know what you where getting? These concerns should have been addressed before the trade. Really sounds like this truck has some non-factory modifications.

A '79 SE is just a trim level, chrome around the windows and maybe on the lower body lines, and possibly on the tailgate too.

Not sure if what character the year is, but there is that 9. N should be the engine, 9 th year, and S the plant it was made in.

Judging by the grille, it's an '86-9. I'd try and find the VIN stamped on the frame to verify it matches the paperwork.

The VIN is actually D14AN9S148126 , without the "1N" at the beginning...
The body is definetely from the 70s.
The grill obviously was fitted well, but its from the mid 80s.

Here´s you VIN decoded:

D1MODEL DESIGNATIOND100 or D150 for 80
4BODY TYPEConventional Cab W/Sweptline (Standard Box)
AGVW CLASS6000 lbs or less
NENGINE TYPE225-1
9MODEL YEAR1979
SASSEMBLY PLANTWarren Plant No 1
148126Sequential Serial Number

You´ll find the VIN on the truck at the following spots:
- door pillar driver side (sticker)
- hood (sticker)
- door edge driver side (riveted)
- frame under passenger side door (stamped)

Body is definitely '70s. Someone did a body swap om a Power Wagon chassis.

Back