• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

great site for exhaust mopar parts WWW.accurateltd.com

grizz

Reaction score
i recently went to a mopar event in michigan, i picked up a mopar collectors guide. i found this site and they were able to send me every thing to make my duel exhaust for my 78 big block 400. no local shops would make my parts with out seeing my truck. thanks to tom swope for his great help.

I checked out there web site and I couldn't find any listing for the D or W bodies ? Which would be our trucks . Did they make you up a special or universal kit for your application ? What did they end up charging you for it ?

sorry to take so long getting back with you Bear, my 78 400 bb was listed on there site under a 78 chrysler cordoba . i sent them my casting numbers from my stock exhaust manifolds and told them that i needed the flanges and a straight 14 in. 2 1/4 pipe attached to both for a custom duel exhaust that i was working on. they sent the pipes flanges gasket and hardware to do what i needed. for about 60 bucks. i tryed to get my local muffler shops to make them but everyone wanted to see my truck in there shop. but im not street legal yet so that wasnt going to happen. the ydid some in shop welding for me and every thing worked great.

GOOD PRICE ! But a 78 Cordoba ? On your pick up , normally for a true duel , you have to mount both mufflers on the passenger side because of the gas tank . What did they do ? Send you a couple of elbows and some straight pipe to make the drivers side pipe go over to the passenger side ? One other question . Since it was listed as a Cordoba . How was your fitment over you transmission cross member ? Or was your 78 a two wheel drive ? It's just that I know , with a four wheel drive you need a couple of funky bends to get over the cross member and around the T Case . ..... I know , I know , I ask a lot of darn questions ! lol

my motor in my 2wd 57 d100 is the big block from a 78 cordoba. i did have to take my pipe over because of the tank. i didnt have any problem with clearance at the tranny. im about 90 % done with the duels and i will try to post some pics. thanks bear

Oh , OK . I thought you were putting the exhaust on a 78 pick up . That's were I lost you . NOW I'm on the same page . lol I'd love to see of few pictures ( If you can under there ) . One of the things on my to-do list with my big block in my 79 is re-doing the exhaust . The person that had it before me started to install one of those duel systems that you can get from Summit . But the tail pipes aren't installed yet and I don't like the way he ran the drivers side . I'd like to see how yours come's out .

Back