• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Got a few questions on a 98 1500

MoparsOnly

The snozberries taste like snozberries.
Reaction score
I just picked up a 98 2 door with a long bed and 2wd. I want to level it and I see the size of the leveling spring cups varying from 1- 2.5 what should I look for? The other thing It has rear drums Is there some kind of swap I can do for disc brakes? That's It for now.

Not sure about the leveling but as for rear disc brakes there are kits out there but pretty costly. I've heard of guys swapping rear ends from 3rd gen trucks and heavy duty 2nd gen trucks for rear disc set ups

Yup I've seen those kits way to much money for my liking. I can use 7-1k on better stuff. I was wondering If there was some kind of swap. Like are there any 98 or 99's with disc brake rears that can swap over. I have another question these steel cylinder things around the spark plug is there an easy way to get rid of them. I'm going to be upgrading the entire Ignition system. You know better wires probably some taylors, dui coil and quality cap and rotor.

I removed one of those away from a spark plug it's a real bitch. I used pliers and just worked it out. I would suggest spraying lubricant first.

Hey 99 do you have any idea what swap with what. Like I have a gauge cluster with no tach. Can I just swap It out with one that does? Can I swap bumpers, and other interior parts with other gen stuff?

Mine doesn't have a tach either. As far as I know you can swap them out with another 2nd gen that has a tach. As far as the bumpers go yes. Might just have to modify brackets for bumpers. Their is a 4th gen bumper conversion kit you can find it online.

Here's a stupid question, can I put pretty much install any seat's from a gen 2 and up into this thing?

What years interchange dashboard wise? When I got this thing It had a dash cover so, I decided to pull it off. All I can say Is wow, mother Mopar really screwed the pooch on this one. The entire dash just started to crumble In my hands. I'm going to need the entire dash assembly.

You should be able to swap out any dash from 98-01 for your truck

OK just did a fresh rebuild on the 318: 30 over, 9.5+ compression, Ported heads, Ported/modded kegger intake, Hughes cam-208I/214E @.050-523I/533E. Profrom 1.7 Rocker arms, modded throttle body. Ignition system all new: Brass cap & rotor, Pick up coil, Taylor wires, HO coil, NGK plugs. From a dead stop falls on It's face but, get up to 1500-1800 and rocket ship. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Have you ever considered a tune from flying Ryan. He specializes in 2nd gen rams

No I haven't was told by Hughes that I wouldn't need one with the cam I choose.I'm not looking for a race car I just want It to run right

OK just did a fresh rebuild on the 318: 30 over, 9.5+ compression, Ported heads, Ported/modded kegger intake, Hughes cam-208I/214E @.050-523I/533E. Profrom 1.7 Rocker arms, modded throttle body. Ignition system all new: Brass cap & rotor, Pick up coil, Taylor wires, HO coil, NGK plugs. From a dead stop falls on It's face but, get up to 1500-1800 and rocket ship. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
You might have a vacuum leak, or injectors not sized correctly. Exhaust system size plays a big roll also. If you're trying to do this using the factory computer module it may not have enough range programed into it to except the changes.

When you say, falls on it's face. Is it a big bog or just seems doggy and low on power?

Back