• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

goose neck info needed

shag766

Reaction score
i have a 24ft flat bed beaver tail trailer that i pull with my dually. the hook up is with the ball in the bed of my truck, not a 5th wheel. i just purchased a 30 some odd ft goose neck travel trailer, prowler, which requires a 5th wheel hook up. my question is, can i convert from needing the 5th wheel hook up to the ball hook up by altering the trailer? is it legal, is costly, is it do-able and how? i really don't want to have the 2 hook ups and i will be using the flat bed regularly and the travel trailer twice a year for sure.

any help appreciated or where to look for info. rick

more recentcars 013 (800x600).jpg

Last edited:
For the last fifteen going on sixteen years i have worked for Magic Tilt Trailers a large boat trailer manufacturer in westcentral Florida.I started in the service department doing setups [fitting the trailer to the boat hull] and repairs/rebuilds on trailers, i have done almost every job in the plant, i am now in parts sales/shipping. I have worked on trailers and rv's in the past [not for a living] just during my racing past and my camping days. I am a licenced airframe and powerplant mechanic since 1991 and have been a backyard mechanic since i was old enough to hold a wrench,started building bicycles,mini bikes,gocarts,woodsbuggies,thunder cars,mini stocks,figure eights,late models,mud trucks and finally street/show cars. I live eat sleep breath cars/hot rods why i don't do it for a living i'm not sure [probly because i would hate it sooner or later].

Back