• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

GM's newest pickup costs $9,000 and turns into a flatbed

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
1616445008702.png

But you can't buy one in the U.S.​

Ugly or not for 9G if it does the job why not? You know some of us still buy work trucks. Functional, reliable would not make any difference what it looked like.
If it hit our shores it wouldn't be $9000 anymore, price would probably be somewhere in the mid 20's

If it hit our shores it wouldn't be $9000 anymore, price would probably be somewhere in the mid 20's
Even at mid 20's it would make a good delivery truck or farm chore truck if offered in 4 wheel drive. Would be interesting to know the particulars. Who would have guessed the mini trucks would have had a following. Can not even drive them on the road here. But still I see one occasionally. Golf courses, ball parks, small farms and such.

But still I see one occasionally. Golf courses
That's where my old neighbor good his pair from. Sold one and kept the other. He got them for a song, and made a decent take in the one he sold. There is one in the town I over in last year, mopar guy, but I never got around to asking him where he got it. It's got a plate, can't recall if it's a recreational tag for atvs or a regular plate. Almost bigger than the Mini Cooper pickup in the same town, definitely taller!

These would be great for a farm type setting, but only if the ground is flat and solid. That's why they work great on golf courses, nice flat smooth surface. Great also in an urban environment, as a delivery truck, I'd imagine a topper in place if so.

I think it ultimately boils down to how our society functions vs how China's society functions. We have our delivery vehicles sorted out for what the needs are. We don't need this truck. We tend to follow the European styles more for that, think Transit Van, and the Mercedes van I can't recall the name of.

I see some of the Japanese mini trucks around here. A farmer I know has one, mitsubishi powered, 4wd, this one is older so it's carbureted. It will get towed to a field if the equipment is going to be left there.

I see some of the Japanese mini trucks around here. A farmer I know has one, mitsubishi powered, 4wd, this one is older so it's carbureted. It will get towed to a field if the equipment is going to be left there.
Kinda of like how the construction guys have a side by side to bounce from area to area when they redo a residential area. Very useful in that role.

When I did backhoe work that was called a motorcycle that got hauled to the jobsite in the bucket. Also helped balance the machine while going down the road. One of these mini truck would not have fit well in the bucket.

Back