• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

gas tank straps

I do not think "stepside" matters, I don't believe you have to restrict yourself that way I think the whole difference between stepside vs not a stepside, is within the filler neck itself.

Screw LMC, I'm still waiting for a catalog for the 83 D250 that I used to have, that I was told would be on the way back in like 2010 or so. They don't acknowledge that Dodge ever even made a truck before 1994.

Screw LMC, I'm still waiting for a catalog for the 83 D250 that I used to have, that I was told would be on the way back in like 2010 or so. They don't acknowledge that Dodge ever even made a truck before 1994.
Uh, yeah they do recognize '93 and older. All the catalogs I got from them had early Ram parts.

10 years to bitch about a catalog that didn't show up? Let it go. Give them a call and get a catalog.

Screenshot_20210107-093209.png

Well when I requested that catalog they were all automized even then (couldn't actually talk to them, all "press 1, press 2" crap), and there was a thing where if you pressed the right button you could then tell their system what year make and model truck that you wanted parts for. The computer voice would repeat it back and you would press 1 if they had it right or press 2 to correct it. Their system then said in it's robot voice that your catalog for that year, make, model would be in the mail promptly.
Even back then they advertised parts for ford chevy and I believe international from 47 to present and Dodge only back to 94. As if Dodge trucks never existed before then. Dumbasses. We all know better.
I see by the post above that maybe they finally do.

But I also see that it appears that they don't think there was a Dakota before 97 either. WTF? Again screw em

But I also see that it appears that they don't think there was a Dakota before 97 either. WTF?
Demand, plain and simple. I can't remember when I got my catalog, but I sweat it was before 2010, wa t to say 2008. Doesn't matter. They had just released the first gen Ram parts at the time, my buddy was excited about getting the missing trim pieces he needed. Square nose Dakotas just don't have enough demand to justify the expense.

My cousin has my old 83 D250. Its parked (I guess) because it needs these same straps. he never has been very mechanically inclined though and likes to listen to "buddies" that are the same or even less so.... Ive had to answer so many Qs on that truck since he bought it, things his buddies said he needed to do to that truck, 95% of which was BS..... That truck has teh bigger 30 gallon tank. last time he was there he had come up with some metal strapping, with no clue as to how or where he got the strapping or the idea that it might work, let alone how it might work..... Im guessing it was something his Dad found in the scrap at his work..... I have a MIG and know how to use it, I got a feeling the truck wont move til I go out there and pull whats left of the old ones and make new ones off of those..... if the town don't haul it off 1st.... (sore subject there) He's offered that truck back to me for what he paid me for it over 10 years ago.... it was running and driving then though....
if he comes to his senses I might get it back..... I miss that truck.

LMC's cataloged is online if you can not wait for one. I have one of their outlets within 50 miles and have never been their.

I had an LMC catalog sent to me about a month ago & it stated on the first page that they were having some kind of problems & apologized for it. I ordered the fuel tank straps & front sway bar bushing kit for my 87 D250 with the 30 gal. tank & I had the parts in about a week, which is pretty good considering all the snow we've been getting in my area. They DO have some things no one else carries as far as I can see. I'll use them again if needed.

Back