• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

gas tank question

Depends upon what was ordered. But no have never seen a 15. Range from 22-28 would be more like it.

My 82-83 tank is larger than 18 gallons or I have been pumping the other 6 on the ground for years. I have been told capacity is stamp on the tank.

Depends on the style of truck. Short bed, long bed or Dually. Some had two tanks. You should have a build sheet or sticker somewhere that may tell you the size. All else fails, run or drain the tank and fill it up.

I have two Fords and a Dodge with 38's. Only downside of having large tanks is the present bank loan it currently takes to fill them. Then reality sets in when at the pay counter and the last guy just signed a slip for 500 gallons of diesel.

I’m pretty sure it’s about 18 gallons
I’ve emptied when cleaning and it took close to that to fill it

I wish I could get more. This truck gets about 8-10 smiles per gallon

For the pickups the small one was 18. The medium size was listed as 25 but was actually 25, 28 or 30 depending on options, year etc. The big one was 36, I've only ever seen this one in the 80's body.
Ramchargers allegedly have a small metal one that was available, in that 20 gallon range, that none I know has ever had one. The plastic one is a 36, however I pulled one out of a 79 that turned out to be only 30. I added that to an 87 for a total of a little over 60 total capacity.
B-Vans have a metal one at 21 and plastic one at 36.

left rear.JPG

14JUN12 left.JPG

Back