• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Gas millage

dogface

Reaction score
Got trans back in my 01 Ram Van, works fine but gas millage dropped from 15 down to 11 mpg (checked over 3 tank fulls). Seems to run ok but maybe a little down on power, any thoughts? My dash keeps saying no bus, could the PCM be going bad?

Did you clear the PCM memory? Don't think you would have to do anything but disconnect the battery on an 01. Also make sure everything got hooked back up.

I think you just turned on a light. I read awhile back from a guy who worked in the service dept. at Dodge. He said all Chrysler’s cars-trucks have a clock in the PCM that they only can turn off and reset it. If done with the handheld chip readers the clock is never changed, then periodically it will flash the check engine light for same problem. Clocks could be anytime from 2 minutes to 15 minutes. One way to get you back for that $175 charge for a 3 minute hookup to their big computer. He said their main clock changes everyday so no way out but to go there. One of the codes it spits out every so often is the overdrive and lockup solenoids, what I replaced in trans plus a new vert. Thanks for the direction

It's OBDII so there should not be a proprietary code. A maintenance light would be something else. Have you tried resetting it with the odometer knob? Check the owner's manual if you have one for the correct procedure. Or just stop into any Ram dealership service center and ask.

Back