• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

future plans maybe?

derrick19

Reaction score
what would i be getting myself into if i was to convert my 91 dak from auto to manual trans? and how much would it cost?

what would i be getting myself into if i was to convert my 91 dak from auto to manual trans? and how much would it cost?

Cost= a lot you would be money ahead to get a complete parts truck to swap everything over. Preferably one that was wrecked just enough to total it. That way you know exactly why it's only for parts.

Items on the "needed" list to my knowledge:
Pedal assembly
Trans is a given
Possibly computer and wire harness.
Flywheel/flexplate
New clutch would be the best way to go as I would never re-use someone else's old clutch assy
I'm not sure if the driveline is different.
Shifter assy is another given, but i know they make aftermarket short throws for the trucks too if you want to get a little crazy

Last edited:
ah ok its just a plan might not even do it until i get finacialy set and with another vehicel

ah ok its just a plan might not even do it until i get finacialy set and with another vehicel

Like I said, beat way to do it would be to get a parts truck so you can pull everything at once and get it laid out for the swap. A good parts truck should be able to be purchased for $100-$300

Back