• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Full exhaust

Last time I checked . I could get the Y pipe , the muffler and the tail pipe ( two piece ) but not the intermediate pipe . That you would probably have to have made because as far as I know , they just don't make it anymore . And what is available is way to pricey in my opinion .

Rockauto has the y pipe (72.00) the over axle pipe (14.00) the muffler (29.00) and tail pipe (8.00). Cat also (120.00). Just over $200 for complete exhaust plus shipping.

Thanks guys, I need to re do rock auto again I came up with 350 and shipping. I wish I could put dual on it for 250, but it will not pass inspection and I sure as hell am not putting 2 cats on this one!

Rockauto has the y pipe (72.00) the over axle pipe (14.00) the muffler (29.00) and tail pipe (8.00). Cat also (120.00). Just over $200 for complete exhaust plus shipping.
There's still a pipe that connects the Y pipe to the mufflers . On most of this gen truck's there's a cat there but there still a pipe before and after the cat . The Y pipe ends beside the transmission then there's a pipe that works around the transmission cross member , the cat then a pipe going to the front of the muffler . That's what I've haven't been able to find as of yet .

Well I might have coffeenered it this morning dropped the y pipe and back flushed the system with a garden hoes. Runs much better! LMAO! Talk about being frugal!

Well I might have coffeenered it this morning dropped the y pipe and back flushed the system with a garden hoes. Runs much better! LMAO! Talk about being frugal!

Garden hose ? That's a new one on me .

Do you "need" a complete exhaust or do you just want to do it all just to get it done once and for all ?

Just filled up the exhaust with water in the tailpipe wiyhe the y pipe off the manifolds,then blew it out with air. A lot of crap came out. Still need a y pipe though. What the hell I am just putting together for a winter beater right now.

Do you "need" a complete exhaust or do you just want to do it all just to get it done once and for all ?
It is all original believe it or not. The only holes are in the top of the y pipe. If I have to change the cat might as well do it all. Somehow I think this is the next not quite a resto project once the dart is going again.

Just filled up the exhaust with water in the tailpipe wiyhe the y pipe off the manifolds,then blew it out with air. A lot of crap came out. Still need a y pipe though. What the hell I am just putting together for a winter beater right now.
I would think that water would still be trapped in the lower portion's of the muffler ?

It is all original believe it or not. The only holes are in the top of the y pipe. If I have to change the cat might as well do it all. Somehow I think this is the next not quite a resto project once the dart is going again.
If it's just the Y pipe and you can get away with not changing the cat for now then I'd just change that . It would be a lot cheaper .

I going to run it for a long time till the steam comes out. You know what beer would have evaporated faster!
Take it out on the highway and get in front of some brand new shinny car that someone just bought ! lol

Well I was able to change out the y pipe turned out to be ass pain someone really tightened the clamp to the cat, had to cut it and add an adapter but it is in! $90 total, the most money I put in on one part!

Back