• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

full 318 tear down guid for performance parts

derrick19

Reaction score
can anyone give me a good website for a full 318 tear down so i can see what i need to do to get speed and performance for my 91 dak. thanks

As far as general info you can pretty much go to any mopar site and find good info. Like www.forabodiesonly.com has more info about 318's than you will know what to do with. If you have specific questions ask them here in this forum.

im trying to get the most hp for on a budget, see what im trying to do is have a good dependable truck but yet have enough hp to play around with as well.

im trying to get the most hp for on a budget, see what im trying to do is have a good dependable truck but yet have enough hp to play around with as well.

Well I would uses one of those 2 above as a guide. Those were supposed to be budget builds and they got a good amount of power out of them. I don't know what kind of idle they got out of them.

Personally I would go with the build with the LA heads. Also I would use a roller cam, the cost is a little more but I think worth it.

Save your $$$ find a 5.9 Magnum & enjoy over a 100 extra horse for about a grand or so installed by you & very dependable & not bad on gas as the 318 already is

hey thanks for the tips guys, im just trying to get ideas on what i want right now but imma keep these in mind.

can anyone give me a good website for a full 318 tear down so i can see what i need to do to get speed and performance for my 91 dak. thanks

Try Mancini Racing, www.chucker54.stores.yayhoo.net/ they will help you, experts steer you in the proper direction, also have anything you want or need, their tech line phone # is 586-790-4100 or toll free order line 800-843-2821, great guys selling, racing & building Mopars for ever & in either the Direct Connection or MoPar Performance Parts business, since 1972... great guys there

92 Magnum exhaust manifolds are the closest to headers that you'll get that you can keep the bolts tight on & flow well
Mancini I've been buying from them for YEARS. First class act

92 Magnum exhaust manifolds are the closest to headers that you'll get that you can keep the bolts tight on & flow well
Mancini I've been buying from them for YEARS. First class act

Thanks & yes your right about the guys at Mancini...

I have Edelbrock Chrome Shorty Truck Headers {still need to install}, a Hypertech Flash Tuner, Harland Sharpe Roller 1.7:1 Rockers, an AEM TB swirl spacer & Air Box/4" Aluminum-Tube w/AEM Coned gauze filter, injector up grades, along w/Flowmaster Cat Back 3" Mandrel Delta Flow 50 Series, 32"x15.5"x16 Wild Country m/s tiers, just those minor changes really woke up the 318ci/5.2 Magnum, I live in the Sierras only have 3.54:1 gears/w auto & it was a little doggy going up the mountains, not any more , the biggest noticeable change was the 1.7:1 rockers & air box/spacer, I'm absolutely sure the Edelbrock Headers will help some too, let the engine breath even better... I've spent about $1000 total....

Last edited:
Back