• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Fuel pump module

niceolddart

Reaction score
I need to replace the fuel pump on my 2001 2wd Dodge 2500 with the V10. I want to replace the whole module assembly & was wondering if anyone had a preference. I can tell you now that Airtex & the like are OUT! I want a good, lasting one. RockAuto has a few to choose from, Carter, Delfi etc. What say any of you on the matter?
Thanks in advance.

Delphi seem good, we have used lots of them at work. Carter used to be good, but it seems like their quality has gone down. Bosch is good, OE on a lot of foreign cars

Thanks Sporty. I was thinking the same thing. I know Carter used to be good, along with some other well known brands, but the quality has been a study decline the past few years. I will go with the Delphi unit.

I've actually had good luck with airtex
I've heard that too, but I've also heard many more negative things about Airtex. Hit or miss? I will avoid getting an Airtex anyway. If I have to pay more for say a Delphi, I will.
I see where RockAuto also has a module available from Hella. I think they used to be a good company, but that was MANY years ago.

I've heard that too, but I've also heard many more negative things about Airtex. Hit or miss? I will avoid getting an Airtex anyway. If I have to pay more for say a Delphi, I will.
I see where RockAuto also has a module available from Hella. I think they used to be a good company, but that was MANY years ago.
I thought Hella only made lights?

I had good luck with Delphi from Rock auto. That reminds me, I have one I need to sell for a 96 Dakota. See you in the classifieds.

Back