• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

frame damage

snate66

Reaction score
Well they wanna Total the 04 Dakota.
did a doe-see-doe with a few cars last week on the freeway. Didn't hit anyone.... but the center divider finally stopped me. it didn't feel like it hit that hard.

1.jpg

Get a frame shop damage evaluation along with the adjusters evaluation. Then decide what you want to do. Unless they are offering replacement value. I honestly think the insurance companies are in the used parts business.

inspector admitted that it is just around the bumper support but still calling it totaled with the $3700 Frame replacement added to the other preliminary estimate numbers.

Basically, they are saying that it's gonna cost more to fix than they want to pay. Gotta love insurance.

Have it straightened, build some stiffeners in to make sure it stays and put it back together. I have heard of them totaling out others just because they did not want to replace an air bag. Seam they will use any lane a** excuse anymore.

I believe so...but you get the truck back for cheap, and coin to fix it.

I really can't say on that. It probably depends on the vehicle, and the buyer. As an example, the OP's truck is 15 years old.so I wouldn't imagine value would be affected that much. If it were me, I'd take pics of the damage, and of the repairs to show how they were done.

Well the numbers are in. Ive worked it over all the ways I can think of....but I have to let it go. There is no way I can come out ahead financially. Sure was nice to ride a clean straight rust free truck for a little while.
Gonna just find a high mileage winter beater truck for now to keep me in my truck fix.

Back