• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Finally joined the site!

LocuMob

Fluid Technician
Reaction score
Hello from Minnesota! Just got around to joining. I'm on FABO & FCBO, been on those for a while. I'm here because of my 72 W200. It's a crew cab stepside. It was originally owned by the USAF,pretty basic truck. Whe it was done with the fly boys, it went to a fire company in Kinsell, North Dakota. They used it as a brush truck. They put a water tank in the bed. They also added power outlets under the hood and in the drivers fender. Last mod they did was raised the rear seat and installed a small coolant supplied heater under it. Must have gotten pretty cold being all wet in the middle of the night. It has dings all over, but nothing too bad. Has a couple rips in the rear fenders where it must have caught something. The tailgate is rusted open. The rest of the truck is solid. I'm going to replace the grille with the correct one for the year. I'll 've putting in the bucket style bench seats and maybe a dash from a 73. It will get a 440 and a lift. I also will be giving it the Lil Red treatment, or should I say the Big Red treatment? I have 8 bolts slots for it, another tailgate, set of rear fenders and a triple douple chrome roll bar

I also have a 66 Polara 440/727 3.55 8 & 3/4 and a 67 Dart 270 that getting cloned into a GT. That will get a 440/727 3.23 8 & 3/4. Have everything unneeded interior and exterior, no fender trim for me. I'll get pics up as soon as I can.

Scott

Let me be the first to welcome you to the site Scott ! Some pictures of your rides would be great ! Maybe you could even start a build thread on your 72 .

Thanks bear and 85Dodge!

85, I thought your avatar looked familiar. A belated happy birthday!

Bear, I will get some pics up, as for the build thread, I'm not quite ready to start yet. The truck is in the next town over son I can't work on it easily. I have to finish up putting exhaust in my Polara, then I'm building my Dart. The funny thing is the truck is the one I know exactly what I'm going to do to it. The most simple project, I guess.

334_37612550630_9958_n.jpg

The truck.

334_37612550630_9958_n.jpg

230737_7043320630_1111_n.jpg

The Dart

HemiDart.jpg

What I want it to end up looking like, except with Weld Pro stars.

230737_7043320630_1111_n.jpg

HemiDart.jpg

Those are a couple nice projects. Pretty rare to find an original crew stepside. Couldn't find one myself so that's why I'm building my own. Always had a soft spot for the Darts too.

I didnt know anything about rarity until after I bought it, I just thought it was cool and the price was right. I'm going to start on the Dart this year, and try to get the truck mobile too. After seeing your thread I realize I 've to do it right.

Back