• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

WANTED Factory CD radio

niceolddart

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for a good, WORKING factory AM/FM CD radio for my 2000 Dakota. I have the factory AM/FM cassette radio in it now & want the CD player. It doesn't have the Infinity system if that matters.

I retrofit my earlier trucks ('81-'93) with these radio's. As used radios go they usually do not last very long after buying them from the junkyard. They are twenty years old after all. I like them because they sound good and regardless of how bad a neighboorhood I park in no one wants to steal it because it's a factory radio. There is/was a radio guy on Ebay selling "reconditioned" ones for around a hundred bucks. No idea what his definition of "reconditioned" is. I don't think I've ever seen a CD player type that was also marked "Infinity". You're probably aware there is also an AM/FM/Tape/CD type also. Both types are interchangeable with your radio. Depending on the vehicle originally installed in the mounting tab locations change. For your Dakota the donor vehicles with the correct mounting tab locations are other Dakotas up to '01, Dodge/Plymouth minivans up to '01, and Chrysler LHS up to '00.

I have swapped this type of radio
I retrofit my earlier trucks ('81-'93) with these radio's. As used radios go they usually do not last very long after buying them from the junkyard. They are twenty years old after all. I like them because they sound good and regardless of how bad a neighboorhood I park in no one wants to steal it because it's a factory radio. There is/was a radio guy on Ebay selling "reconditioned" ones for around a hundred bucks. No idea what his definition of "reconditioned" is. I don't think I've ever seen a CD player type that was also marked "Infinity". You're probably aware there is also an AM/FM/Tape/CD type also. Both types are interchangeable with your radio. Depending on the vehicle originally installed in the mounting tab locations change. For your Dakota the donor vehicles with the correct mounting tab locations are other Dakotas up to '01, Dodge/Plymouth minivans up to '01, and Chrysler LHS up to '00.
I have swapped these radios from different Mopars. I installed a factory cassette radio in my 87 D250, a C/D player in my 98 Jeep Cherokee & a 95 Dakota that I had. They all bolted right up & plugged right in, no modification at all. The 2000 Dakota I have, I will have to remove the radio & see the way it attaches & plugs in. I would not be surprised if it's a direct bolt in, as long as it's a factory radio from mid to late 90s, (or whenever they started making C/D players) until the 2004-5 vehicles. Maybe someone on this site has a good one. I'll see I guess.

Back