• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Factory CB antenna location? 1979 Dodge

Dogsluvtrucks

Reaction score
Does anyone here know where the CB antenna would be located on a 1979 Dodge D100? This is with the factory installed CB radio.
Could it be the same antenna as the FM radio?

It takes a special antenna that has two separate coax cables
I've got a friend that works on the Chrysler radios with CB

I've got a few myself

Yes, the original Chrysler is a dual AM/FM and also CB antenna in one piece.
In fact, it´s exactly the original style antenna, just about 5 inches longer than the simple AM/FM one.
If you haven´t seen one before, you wouldn´t notice the difference.

Regards Muskote

And here I thought I was the only guy in the forum that still wanted to put a cb into his truck. I strongly dislike cell phones...:ranger:

My son just turned 18, and we got him a '76 Power Wagon at our swap meet a few months ago. He wants to get a CB for it. I'd forgotten all about the AM/FM/CB radios.
He'd probably be interested in those, except then we'd have to get it rebuilt so it'll handle an I-pod jack too. And an amp and sub woofer behind the seat!

-Brad

Does that antenna have a coax cable with an end on it that looks like a cable tv connector ? If so does anyone know where I could get one? I don't need it for my truck but I need it for my 1976 Aspen. I could also use a mic. for it too. If anyone has either of these please pm me.
Thanks
Richard

Last edited:
I've seen the coax cable for sale on the internet. I think it's Brad's NOS but, I'm not sure about that.
Microphones appear on Ebay, now and then.

Back