• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Exhaust system for 76

Joey Johnson

Reaction score
Hey guys, recently made my exhaust for my 76 d100, true duals with flowmasters super 44's. It's 2 1/2 pipe from the header collector then out and under the bumper with nice square tips. Show me your exhaust system for your truck, my gas tank is right in the way.

I HAVE A 79 step side i removed the gas tank and put a fuel cell in the bed behind the cab other wise u will have to exit out under frame and can't run open headers

If you keep the stock gas tank in place then you have to put both mufflers on the passenger side . Another thing I thought about doing is getting rid of the stock tank and put eather a fuel cell or a stock gas tank from a Ramcharger all the way back after the axle . If you did that then you could have your mufflers on eather side of your drive shaft rather then both on one side . Right now on my truck , I've got 2 1/2 from the manifolds back out to the rear bumper with the stock tank , but I don't have any picture's on file .

Last edited:
If anyone gets rid of there stock tank, I am looking for one for my 79 LRE..please keep me in mind. Thanks

I have a 79 D150 Adventurer and my exhaust is out of the headers and under the frame where it attaches to two Purple Hornies exiting 3 inches after the cab.

Convert the fuel tank to a rear mount from a Ram-charger thats what i have done in the past.

Back