• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Exhaust recommendation

S.L.A.M.S.

Reaction score
I have a 1992 dodge w250 it currently has just pipe that stops under the cab I am going to get new exhaust I just don't know what yet I want something kind of aggressive, a good low rumble to it, I want it loud but not ridiculous what would you recommend that is not real expensive

IMG_20201007_204141_912.jpg

Do you have a MIG? If you have a MIG and something to cut with I'd buy some mandrel U bends and some straight pipe and weld up your own... I don't buy into these high dollar mufflers either. On the D250 I'm restoring for my dad we bought the dual exhaust kit from LMC, for the price it was hard to go wrong but I'm extremely disappointed with it. It's a dual exhaust kit, their idea of getting past the fuel tank was ducking the exhaust under the frame behind the front suspension then routing it down the outside of the frame.. yeah right down the inside rear fender where you can see it and through the parking brake cables path! As of now if I keep that setup I'll dump it out in front of the rear tires but I may re work the whole thing to get it where it should be.

If you want cheap and noisy just go to your local parts store and buy some glass packs (Cherry bomb, Thrush).

All depends on what you want. A 3 chamber flowmaster style should sound good, without being overbearing. If you can mig weld you could do that yourself, dumping in front of the rear tire. A single in dual out flowmaster style muffler, dual tailpipes custom bent and routed around your spare tire, with 12" x 3 1/2" chrome tips, would cost you $500 to 600 where I work.

Mine is all custom. Headers, muffler with 2 in and 2 out with stacks behind the cab. All within the frame rails.

Back