• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Driveshaft repair. What a difference.

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I got my service engine light and hard starting problem licked with a new fuel pump and o2 sensor on my 96 Dakota. The driveline vibration has been driving me bonkers so yesterday I pulled the driveshaft and took it to Sadler Powertrain to have it checked out and balanced. The rear joint was rough and the carrier bearing rubber was broken. They replaced all the joints and the carrier assembly and balanced it. It had a bad shake from 30-40 mph but now it's smooth as a baby's behind all the way to 75 or so. I love it when a plan comes through. tmm

Last edited:
I am getting ready to put a new fuel pump on my 89. Did you raise the bed or drop the tank? We dropped the tank on a buddy of mine but ive heard raise the bed up was the best way.

I raised the bed. Remove the drivers side bolts and the fill hose and loosen the passenger side bolts. With a 4x4 and a floor jack I tilted the box sideways to gain access. Don't forget to force a block of wood between the frame and the box for safety. Also disconnect the battery. Buy the new pump that includes the roll over valve. I bought one without and broke the old one getting it out of the old pump.

Last edited:
Back