• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dodge true spirit

Bad apples

Reaction score
8E14B60A-0F36-44FE-A365-6C31B1173B1C.jpeg
A6B02BBE-D725-4B87-B9BB-994AA9113182.jpeg
Hi there I have a dodge true spirit b5 blue it’s a 1977 auto the hood says 440 eight barrel and I had some drag parts on it ladder bars e shocks wondering if anyone has any info on it or these trucks would love to know

I don't know, but that is a sweet looking truck. Dodge did have a lot of special edition trucks in that time period...like The Little Red Express, Warlock, etc. Some were just decal packages, but a few like The Little Reds had some trues add on stuff. And welcome to the site.

Welcome to the site! That's a cool truck indeed! They had True Spirit trucks in the 79's can't remember the years, but I know we talked about it here at one time. I'll see if I can dig it up.

I have seen the pin strip on the side panels, but thats the first on a hood.
Those were the years Dodge made a special effort to get trucks in the hands of those just to drive (non-work trucks). Hi performance cars were a thing of the past and trucks were not regulated yet.

Canada and a Dodge truck? Any idea how that happened?

Hey 7mopar no I don’t thats why I’m curious if anybody might know any history on it the guy I bought it from has it for years and he claimed his gramma bought it as a demo off the showroom floor in Toronto not sure how much truth there was to that but that’s what he told me anyway I’ll keep diggin though

Found the link I found for @jetmech a while back.

Just A Car Guy: I just learned of Dodge Trucks I've never heard of before

You have to scroll down to the blurp about the True Spirit trucks. They were sold in California and Arizona when new, how one ended up in Toronto is anyone's guess. One thing I've noticed in viewing the internet, is there are '79 True Spirit trucks out there, whereas the author says they only went through '78. Either he has his years wrong, or someone's making clones if something no one knows about... Maybe I'll find more.

Last edited:
I would have expected the Canadian truck to have been a Plymouth. I do know we had a 74 Plymouth van in the states in 74. I don't remember the agreement. So its quite possibly Dodge trucks were sold in Canada in the 70s.

I remember this truck from 1995 in Sault Ste. Marie Ontario.
Owner was Lee Joliceur. He took me for a ride, it was pretty awesome, it had 4.56 gears, 3500 stall 727 with manual shift valve body. 440 with closed chamber heads, 509 Mopar purpleshaft cam, Edelbrock dual quad, which he sold me. Centerline convo pros, exactly how it looks in your pics
Is your truck for sale by chance?

I remember this truck from 1995 in Sault Ste. Marie Ontario.
Owner was Lee Joliceur. He took me for a ride, it was pretty awesome, fast truck smoke the tires for a block
It had 4.56 gears, 3500 stall 727 with manual shift valve body. 440 with closed chamber heads, 509 Mopar purpleshaft cam
Edelbrock dual quad with edelbrock 625 carbs( which he sold me)
Centerline convo pros 15x12"?, exactly how it looks in your pics
Mickey Thompson hot and sticky I think the tread was 15" wide
If I remember correctly, his father was the original owner of the truck and they put the 440 in it
He said he blew the tranny once as he took it out on the highway, ran out of gas as it was revving high with the 4.56 gears it had, and his buddy towed it without removing the driveshaft and overheated the transmission.

Is your truck for sale by chance?

Truly cool truck. This Is a new one to me. I knew a lot of the other models just never this one. By the way welcome to the board.

Your 1977 dodge reminds me to also like blue cars. Been having black or silver cars since my college days but this blue really looks a true Mopar fan.

Back in 75 the then local Dodge dealership had a 4 wheel drive short bed with an Indian sitting on his horse looking out over a bison. When we made it back home in 76 it was gone and have never seen it since. Have searched the web and have found nothing like it.

View attachment 13600 View attachment 13601 Hi there I have a dodge true spirit b5 blue it’s a 1977 auto the hood says 440 eight barrel and I had some drag parts on it ladder bars e shocks wondering if anyone has any info on it or these trucks would love to know
I have been looking for that truck for some time now. I gave the True Spirit to my son for his 18th birthday and we started to build it.
Do you still own the truck?
Is it for sale?

I Just Picked up a 1977 Dodge True Spirit truck a couple of months ago in Nevada. It seems they were only for sale originally in California and Arizona. I made a trip from Michigan to trailer this one home. Has a factory 440, 727 transmission and 9 1/4 rear axle.

Last edited:
I just got a 1977 Dodge True Spirit pickup a couple of months ago in Nevada they were originally for sale in California and Arizona market only. I drove from Michigan and trailered it back home, it has a factory 440 727 transmission and 9 1/4 rear axle.

spirit2.jpg

spirit3.jpg

77 spirit.jpg

Last edited:
Back